Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Looking to buy in the South West / Gledswood Hills area

Page 1 of 1
Hi!

We are looking at buying a house and have been considering upcoming developments in the South West/Gledswood Hills area because they fit within our limited budget (around $650,000 - $685,000)

Eden Brae Connect homes, Ravenwood at the hermitage (they have two types of building projects -Shawood (home with land) and Ravenwood (cheaper terraces) and Villa world terraces at Oran Park.

Are the ones we are looking at primarily, as well as Crest by Virvac, which would be buying a plot of land and then building (which will probably not suit our budget)

Does anyone have any experience with these projects or with the developers? We are also concerned about the gas drilling that is happening in the areahttp://www.smh.com.au/environment/home-owners-fear-coal-seam-gas-drilling-under-their-feet-20130106-2cb3j.html - in particular how this will affect our house price after drilling is complete... I'm a little suspicious that the entire area being developed also just happens to be the site of a giant gas project :/

I would love to hear some opinions about this - we are first time buyers, and love that the area is offering so much for such a relatively low price - but at the same time, we want to be sure about what we are stepping into...

Also, would love some opinions on whether it's more worth buying a land + house package vs. a house in these circumstances?

Thanks guys
so u based in QLD looking to purchase an IP in Sydney? anything new between 650,000 - $685,000 in that area is a great deal. And having the gas project near the estate wont worry me as i am sure state Govt isn't stupid enough to go ahead with it after allowing massive rezoning and approvals there.
Related
11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum