Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

anyone bought H&L packages near boundary rd Schofields NSW?

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am very new here and also in the property market. Looking to buy our first home. H&L packages seem to be the way to go. We r looking in Scofileds are, some lots coming up around the boundary road. One of the newest development is Casa Mia, by Norwest Developers. they are coupled with Wisdom homes. They are new developer I guess. anyone considering these area?

They said land registration is in late 2017, house completion estimated to finish by the end of 2018.

I am trying to understand what do these timelines mean in terms to paying deposit and applying for loan?
land rego late 2017 means it will give us time to save a bit more? when do we apply for the house building loan?
Any negative sides if land registration gets further delayed?

Some links for reading up/ information/ tips will be really appreciated
TIA
Hi did you end up buying the land with Casa Mia. I am also interested in buying land around Boundary Rd and currently looking for one. If you are buying land only all have to pay is a 10% or 5% deposit for now and worry about the rest during settlement. Also note you need to pay the stamp duty within 3 month after you pay your deposit. You can apply for loan later when the settlement is nearing, I would say a month or 1.5 months before settlement.

Hope this helps!
Hi Homealone, unfortunately I did not end up buying from casa mia. I need a plot of 450 sqm plus size for building a pool at the back and it has to be at-least 32m in terms of depth. Casa Mia did not have any plot suitable to fit a pool in. lot 1 looked good but it on just on the Boundary road, which will be a very busy road in future.

I was about to purchase one from ONE10, they are 110 Boundary Road. Their price was very good and I was about to pay the initial holding deposit. Thanks God I took the contour maps to a few building consultants and they explained the plots had easement, too much slope 2-3m and one had a big power substation on the front of the plot, meaning extra site $$, protection cost cant fit pool at all

Looked at Westminster road, many to be registered plot. However they are very pricey and I am not ready to settle on regsitered land just yet.

Saw a plot in Oaklands 555 veron road. 2-3 m slopes and flood zone, lots of easement!!

Now kind of decided on a plot on the 26-34 Schofields farm road. elevated but flat lot, minimal rise/fall/ close to both the stations, 37.5M depths so plenty of room for pool and backyard, no easements etc. all the builders agent i showed it (Fowler/ wisdom and Masterton, leaning towards fowler), they all said the contour is perfect for build and pool. But its a new/ unknown developer and the farmers are still living there. all the plots adjacent to this one has been prepared and almost looks ready. just this one still have trees and horses ! developer said registration in Sep 2017 but I highly doubt it!! Still I think I will go with this one! Hoping they registrar sometimes next year atleast!

Did you choose anything?
homealone
Hi did you end up buying the land with Casa Mia. I am also interested in buying land around Boundary Rd and currently looking for one. If you are buying land only all have to pay is a 10% or 5% deposit for now and worry about the rest during settlement. Also note you need to pay the stamp duty within 3 month after you pay your deposit. You can apply for loan later when the settlement is nearing, I would say a month or 1.5 months before settlement.

Hope this helps!

The stamp duty is within three months of land registration, isnt it? i am still not clear on this
Hi, Yes I am currently looking at 110 Boundary Rd but haven't finalised yet. Correct stamp duty is payable within 3 months of the date of contract. See below links and familiarise yourself or speak to your solicitor who can elaborate more

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/taxes/transfer-land
http://www.yourmortgage.com.au/article/ ... 78182.aspx

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Related
28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum