Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Clutter in house

Page 1 of 1
Would like opinions please on house clutter. Am looking at having to sell my mothers home for the move into care. The house is cluttered. And clearing this up would be easy if the garage was not piled halfway to the ceiling with "stuff"! I believe the garage should be clear enough to allow potential buyers to see.if their cars fit (no street parking available) but in order to have a building and pest inspection done (cannot access ANY walls in this garage). My siblings think this doesn't matter - but its mostly their stuff in the garage! Thoughts?
If I was you I would put your foot down and get your siblings to come and get their stuff - they will have to at some stage soon any way. Tell them it will be thrown our otherwise. Then box up and put a heap of your mum's stuff into short term storage, at least until the house is sold. Shouldn't cost too much.....
Would be great to be able to put my foot down and insist my siblings get their act together. But they think they know better!
Of course they do! Buggar. Good luck, I am out of ideas, apart from you moving their stuff into storage also. Or get them to be there when the agents come around and hear it themselves from the agents that the stuff needs to be removed.
not sure how to get them to move it. but yes declutter as much as possible for sale, a cluttered house/garage always feels a lot smaller then it is.

Maybe put all their stuff on a trailer and just rock up to their house and say here you go
Threaten to leave the garage door open with sign our the front saying 'Free Stuff'.

If they don't respond then leave the garage door open and put a sign out the front saying 'Free Stuff'.
Like the idea of the free stuff sign! Like it a lot! Would take a removalist van not a trailer to move the stuff. Shame. Such a nice house. Could get such a good price.
Related
2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

19/05/2023
Excessive piers for a house???

Building A New House

How good is Simeon?! Always taking time to help others out! Wish we were building in NSW and could work together. Thanks for all that you do!

30/06/2023
Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

General Discussion

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum