Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Making an offer on our rented home...

Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I will be making an offer on the house I'm renting, I know the owner is willing to listen to offers.

I have drafted up an offer listing the price and reasons for our "below market value" offer.

My question is where to from here?
I have a finance pre-approval, and will be looking to purchase/settle around mid January if the offer/negotiation is accepted. I am ready to provide the letter to the landlord but I need to know if I should have a solicitor look over it first?

Can anyone recommend a conveyancing solicitor that is fairly priced in northern Brisbane area?

Cheers, Col & Jac.
I would get an agent to independently value it first, if you have not done so already. Then offer at least 3% less taking into account no agents fee is applicable. If it's a house get a building inspection too so you know it's right.

If he wants to sell he will need to get a contract for sale but be mindful that once he has done that he could just put it on the market and not accept your offer if he thinks he can go higher.

Also be prepared for a flat but respectful no if his investment strategy is not to sell yet.

Related
25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum