Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Wanting to sell house after handover (new build) - ADVICE!?

Page 2 of 2
Some years ago I read an article that reported Broadmeadows as suburb with highest incidence of crime but then I read readers response which suggested that if "white collar crime" was included then perhaps Toorak would trump it.

I can't verify any of this but on the face of it there may be something in it.
Ponzu
qebtel
AussieMark
There is crime every day in every suburb..

lol and you know this how? None of the suburbs Ive lived in have ever had crime on a daily, or weekly basis.
Monthly on occasions perhaps.

I was just making the same type of argument based on this. Published crime stats by police or neighbourhood watch are not always representative and crime stats are actually known to be problematic in their sample, ask any mathematician who has modelled crime, or look it up. Apart for the known fact that many relevant crimes go unreported, a lot of it is either under reported or over reported as well. Car theft or theft from cars is typically over reported for insurance shenanigans, and drug use is typically under reported because some cops can't be bothered with paperwork on what some considers a moral issue and not a worthy crime.

Assuming you've lived in an area where crime doesn't happen every day based on problematic published statistics is naive.

As to exploitation material access, such individuals could go on to commit crimes against a families child next door. It happens. So to dismiss this typically unidentified and unreported precursor crime as something one isn't worried about is also naive.

Your misuse of the texas sharpshooter falacy is ironically delicious.

Lol according to your wisdom, everywhere is full of criminals, because technically we all break the law when we can get away with it - speeding, tax evasion, illegal downloads , etc. What a load of irrelevant rubbish. At the end of the day this is of no concern to the OP, or anyone , as what people do in the privacy of their own home is their business. OP is concerned about palpable effects of criminal behavior that directly affect her. You comment, but fail to grasp the issue.

At least i can spell "fallacy". Perhaps a 2nd edit would be in order?
Ah...you still don't get it.
let's pick on spelling on the internet now lol

GLHF
Its you who doesnt get it. If you did, you might actually read the thread properly and understand the gist of it, and "attempt" a relevant comment. but instead we get twaddle about criminals making illegal downloads and weighing in just to grandstand with more useless "information".
My hyperbole and generalisation is a direct response to your generalisation, get it now? You can't go off and say "how do you know there's crimes every day in every suburb" and in the sAme sentence say "no where I've lived has had crime every day or even weekly". How Do YOU know? Via problematic data that that is inaccurate and problematic at best and then ironically misuse the Texas sharp shooter Falacy to disprove my argument when it does exactly that to your argument?
Pfft...bowing out
You have already been told how I know above, try reading the thread. The local neighbourhood watch is always attended by the local Police and we certainly DO know whats going on as far as detectable and palpable effects of crime go. What crimes go on behind closed doors are of no concern to the OP, as those (if any) are hardly responsible for her current apprehension. Again, this is the context of this thread.

Texas sharpshooter analogy is for one who cherry picks and cant understand the whole context of the discussion...exactly what you do by homing in on irrelevant points and making an issue out of it. Congratulations.
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

29/10/2023
Need Subfloor Advice for a new build!

Building A New House

XCEM Alpha flooring seems to relatively new and I could not found any reviews. Have you or someone you know have used it and would recommend over other subfloor options?…

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum