Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Career in Building Surveyor or Registered Builder

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am doing final year apprentice in Carpentry in Victoria. I want to go further in building. I want to be a Builder and Building surveyor both, but I am confused. ?

1. Which is better building surveyor or builder. ?
2. In terms of responsibility, who is more responsible for example defects in house after the construction. ?
3. Who can earn more builder or surveyor ?
4. Why there is less building surveyors in compared to Registered builders in Victoria.
5. Should I start Part-time course in building surveying for 4 years and continue in building as a site supervisor, once I have Domestic Builder-unlimited (DB-U), then move to building surveying or Should I start Building surveying full time, take my Building surveyor or Building inspector license, then come back to builder construction as a site supervisor and apply for DB-U.
5. Which way is easy?

Sorry for asking too much.

Thanks
Related
31/12/2023
Career outlook and propects

General Discussion

The alternative is to grow the carpentry business, never learn formwork, and use the funds generated to career

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum