Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building my first house WA

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I’ve been a long time lurker but this is my first post.
We’re in the process of getting our desired floor plan drafted. We’ve heard really good things about them and their displays look great.

I received a call today from the sales representative, asking us to sign an agreement to build with them even before we’ve seen the designs.

As this is our first build, I have no idea what the standard protocol is and my online search only tells me what to expect after the building contract has been signed.

Is this normal to sign the agreement before the plans?

Thank you for reading!
I’m going through the process myself (not with Ross North) and it seems like you sign a document (and pay them a deposit) before they start working on detailed drawings and can provide you a quote. It’s like a tender document or design agreement.

I would just ask your sales consultant for a copy of what you would sign and read through it. I would make sure you are happy with your plan plus any changes you intend to make before signing because if you want to make structural changes after, it will cost. Just go back to your sales consultant and make them explain it in detail.
the_doesnotexist
I’m going through the process myself (not with Ross North) and it seems like you sign a document (and pay them a deposit) before they start working on detailed drawings and can provide you a quote. It’s like a tender document or design agreement.

I would just ask your sales consultant for a copy of what you would sign and read through it. I would make sure you are happy with your plan plus any changes you intend to make before signing because if you want to make structural changes after, it will cost. Just go back to your sales consultant and make them explain it in detail.

Thank you for explaining that. I’ll get my sales consultant to go through it with us.
I'm going through the architect for a custom build. A fixed price of $4000 is agreed before signing and a deposit of $500 is taken before starting his work. Two subsequent payments are to follow (Harpley approval and a final for building permit). The agreement excluded the costs of Soil Test, Energy Rating, Landscape drawing (required by Harpley Lendlease), Structural/Engineer drawing, and Building Surveyor fee. During the time frame of the drawing, I have time to discuss with the draft person until the plan is satisfied.
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

24/10/2023
Independent Building Inspectors - I had my first one

Building A New House

That is a really good attitude Akin to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do enjoy watching that tik tok inspector from Victoria but he does go a little…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum