Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Front Door handle after handover

Page 1 of 1
Hi all! My builder's range doesnt include an ultra long handle greater than 1.2m so I am hoping to do this after handover. I was wondering if anyone has done a similar thing and was wondering what we have to tell the builders to set us up for Success

Thank you!

Link to handle I am hoping to add

We asked our builder to order ours in, would yours? I was worried the holes wouldn’t align in the frame.
That door has a mortice lock with a square black escutcheon plate and separate architectural handle.
The builder can install the lock without the handle and will still be able to achieve lock up. Then add the handle after.
chippy
That door has a mortice lock with a square black escutcheon plate and separate architectural handle.
The builder can install the lock without the handle and will still be able to achieve lock up. Then add the handle after.

thanks so much chippy!!!
chippy

Hi chippy if we have double door entry then what would be the lock options ? Can we get smart locks for double doors ? Thanks.
Dominique
We asked our builder to order ours in, would yours? I was worried the holes wouldn’t align in the frame.

did you just ask them? unfortunately my builder is quite strict about only installing the products they are offering from their catalogue
elloelloelloqwer
Dominique

did you just ask them? unfortunately my builder is quite strict about only installing the products they are offering from their catalogue
/quote]

They originally said no but I asked whether we could have a nominated trade install the lock and they then gave us a few options of smart locks they could install. We’re with summit
Related
25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

23/05/2023
Which entry door pull handle to go for?

Building A New House

Black on light wood does look good. Not sure if it will be as long lasting as a steel finish?

31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum