Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Concrete Path

Page 1 of 1
Is it normal to build a concrete path 30or so mm above your termite inspection concrete slab ?
I think the Concreter was lazy and went up instead of down to get his 100mm concrete path
With no Ableflex and 10cm siting on top of the house slab not butted against it
Hey poiny
Welcome to the forum
Also check your soil classification and certified engineering Drawings/Details
If you don't have copies check with your local Council Building department, that's if
they have done their job properly.
OT, Some builders have a bad habit of leaving construction, engineering Details off certified Drawing, change materials and construction, take short cuts, employ unqualified trades, etc,etc
Those certifying/approving have no idea what's presented is not acceptable ...
Unfortunately you will need to chase it up yourself, if it has structural implications lodge a compliant with your state building commission ASAP
Cheers
Chris
Thanks mate will do
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

27/01/2024
Porte cochère - separate pedestrian gate/path?

Building A New House

Thank you so much for your response. I have drawn a pedestrian gate in - for curb appeal, let's see how much costs come in at. I think you're right - if we decide to…

16/01/2024
Side path options

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all Following the recent heavy rainfall in Sydney, I am keen on redirecting water away from the house's base as much as…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum