Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Builder denied the new home warranty for the leak on garage

Page 4 of 4
Just read a post on the Wisdom Homes thread that stated the following amongst other issues...

"We had our garage ceiling collapse flooding our garage after the down pipe from the second story was installed the wrong way forcing all the water up under the flashing."

viewtopic.php?p=1866322#p1866322

Sound familiar?
SaveH2O
Just read a post on the Wisdom Homes thread that stated the following amongst other issues...

"We had our garage ceiling collapse flooding our garage after the down pipe from the second story was installed the wrong way forcing all the water up under the flashing."

viewtopic.php?p=1866322#p1866322

Sound familiar?

Yeah...it seems worst than my case. I hope it won't happen to my ceiling since Rawson installed the down pipe from the second story. Fingers cross
westbourne
luxbuild
Norfolk
@westbourne I had a look at the link to productreview you provided. Wow! None of the Rawson Homes 5 start reviews look genuine to me. Very embarrassing and damaging for their reputation.

Your comment made me go and check and I agree, I can't believe any real customer would write such gushing reviews.

Whoever they are using for social media seems pretty immature.

Does anyone get sent weekly photos?

The construction manager of Rawson Home responded my leak report.

"Rawson take your feedback very seriously, the storm that went through Sydney on Sunday 9th of February was a major storm event of unprecedented fury not seen in Sydney since the early 1990s ,as you may have seen on the news , we sent Steve Laing out to carry out an inspection on your home to identify if the damage to your home was related to storm, or as a result of a construction issue, Steve is a builder with over 40 years experience in the building industry, and he has identified that all flashings and associated works were installed as per Australian standards, and that in his professional opinion the damage was caused by extreme wind driven rain from the major weather event on the day, I also inspected the roof and all associated flashings and agree with Mr Laings comments, as you could appreciate no builder could design homes against such extreme weather conditions,
As such we advise you to contact your insurance provider for further advice. "

Do you agree with the construction manager?

Rawson Homes should have sealed the color bond roof similar to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-RUDwUqI_s

The gaps on the color bond roof were left open because the Head of Construction department from Rawson Homes said that "There is a moulded sealer which is installed under the flashing you are looking at to stop water. You don’t seal the outside as it will not look good"

Is he correct?

I am still worry about the leak again if the gaps are not sealed.
You never silicon where you have indicated.
Underneath the flashings the roof sheet is turned up which prevents water from being wind driven off the end of the sheet
westbourne
Our new home built with Rawson Homes in 2019 was leaked in the garage during the heavy thunder storm.

The colour bond on the roof does not have a seal, which leaves a hole on the roof and allows water to go through, is a design problem as the garage should be completely sealed. The garage cannot withstand a heavy thunder storm.

Rawson Homes denied the responsibility of garage leak so the damages are not under new home warranty. They advised me to lodge a claim to my home insurance company.

Does it mean I will need to lodge a claim of leak damage to my home insurance company after every single heavy thunder storm in the future? What do you think?

should this fall under their 6 years structural warranty no matter what?
In this case Rawson Homes claimed they had built the home to the applicable building standards and, using heavy rain in Sydney at the time as an excuse, palmed off the member to contact insurance for rectification. The member had to endure lots of avoidant BS from Rawson before they finally took action to address the likely root cause.
Norfolk
The member had to endure lots of avoidant BS from Rawson before they finally took action to address the likely root cause.

...without admitting what the cause was or the rectification undertaken.
Related
7/09/2023
Leak in wall new house

General Discussion

If you make sure all taps inside and out are turned off, what does the water meter show if you leave it for a while.

8/10/2023
Bathroom Leak

General Discussion

Hi all, I am hoping someone has some ideas as to what is causing my bathroom leak. The leaking appears to mainly happen when we turn the sink basins on. It takes a while…

9/01/2024
Leak through concrete after putting frames up

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you doing this with a building permit? Conversion of a non habitable room into a habitable room requires building permit.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum