Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Wrong kitchen colour selection

Page 1 of 1

[img] Hi guys. I’m feeling so underwhelmed with how our kitchen turned out. If you look at the white cabinetry above the wall oven cavity, it looks creamy which I love and what I have always had in mind. However, the drawers below looks so clinical to me. Very white, cold and dull. They are the same colour, by the way - classic white in matt by laminex. I realise that the colour above is more due to the natural light coming from the skylight and the white below is a more accurate representation of my chosen colour. I wonder how much it will cost me to change just the colour of the drawer doors???? And any suggestion as to what colour is a better option if I’m going for that warmer, subtle, creamy white like the one above? Or am I overthinking this and it will all come together once the house is completely finished? To note, the kitchen counter top is a matt grey and backsplash is very similar to the bench top and our walls will be Snowy Mountain Half by Dulux. Please, please, someone put my mind at ease. I have a knot in my stomach as I think I’ve made a huge mistake and partner won’t be happy to shell out more money to change colour of cabinetry.
What sort of flooring are you having?
If you have timber floors it will make the white seem warmer.
Once the complete house is finished you probably won't even notice.
Yes. We are having timber flooring. Thank you sooo much! That helps me a lot. Appreciate you taking the time to comment.
Chippy took the words out of my mouth,your eye gets fooled by the warmth of that brown cabinetry,it takes on some characteristics of its neighbour,you will get some reflection of your wood floors back onto your cabinetry,you can then add even more of this Warner look via wooden look island stools , furniture etc.

Yep, wait till it’s finished before you finally decided. The look of so many things change during a build, that you'd be tempted to change a lot and never get the house finished. Sometimes you just have to trust your choices and leave well enough alone.
Timber floors and white cabinets are lovely together and the look will appear to change several times a day and from season to season as the light changes. Even putting in warm light globes might change things a bit.

Thanks to you all, brains trust. I’m so glad to hear this. This is our first time building and will be our forever home too so I needed to make this right from the get go. Thank you so much!!! Mind put at ease. Knot in stomach gone!
Related
1/11/2023
New house colour is wrong!!

General Discussion

welcome to learning that colours vary in different lighting conditions.

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum