Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building with Eden Brae- Rain coming inside the house

Page 1 of 1
We just have a problem with the new house.
Last Friday it rain so hard with a wind but it wasn’t not bad. So our carpet on the first floor was soaking wet close to the small window. When we touch the surrounding it was try but the rain manage to get into the house then went thru the from door. The from door was under the soaking carpet.

Report to the management and the maintenance manager reply to us that it was because of the storm and to claim it on our insurance. So angry that they want us to claim it from our insurance. They should take responsibility of this problem given we’re just leaving 1 and half month in this house. The storm was in the coast area.

Can we go to the ombudsman on this?

We really believe this is a structural defect but they won’t accept. Our site supervisor Glen Sassman we believe he didn’t do his job properly and just so arrogant whenever we have issues with the house.

Does the site supervisor still deal with it even after hangover? I thought it will be the maintenance already?

Can anyone give us advice.
Builder is correct, this is on your insurer because of the storm activity, not the builder.

The only time it would be on the builder is if the house has not been built to the relevant standards (too many to list that could be relevant)
External doors should not let water in.

Perhaps the door has a slight warp or some other problem, I don't think you should absolve the builder of responsibility too easily.
luxbuild I Agree, aria28 send an email and registered letter to Eden Brae detailing the situation and asking them to investigate the cause and confirm in writing how and when they will fix it. Give them a reasonable time frame to act. Don’t accept their ‘weather’ fob off. The builder is responsible for building to standards and the quality of the products installed, like your door. Eden Brae’s behaviour is unacceptable. It’s a common tactic to blame the weather to avoid responsibility for defects and the rectification costs. Its critical you now keep all communications about this issue in writing.
luxbuild
External doors should not let water in.

Perhaps the door has a slight warp or some other problem, I don't think you should absolve the builder of responsibility too easily.

Thanks for your advice. Sorry haven’t had the time to log in again.
If builder refuses to contact you

You could have your insurer come and look.
If they identify build faults they will list them for you and refuse to fix carpets until the build issue is fixed. You can use the evidence with the builder.

If you can then decide if you will proceed with claim after that point then you have not paid any excess and have the information you need to claim.
You could contact consumer affairs re: your rights
Related
21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

5/03/2024
flooding at side of house after rain

General Discussion

The bottom of the downpipe has been taped (see the black tape) to seal the necessary gap between the downpipe and the adaptor that would normally prevent the downpipe…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum