Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Improve my kerbside appeal for old housing commission

Page 1 of 1
Hi, where would you start? I would love a pitched roof or to add a gable, but probs too expensive.
render and paint. Front picket fence with gate. New detached carport(?). Colour scheme? New letterbox. get rid of solitary spiky plant...................

I would go a nice verandah and render or paint the front wall.

I would do a nice cool grey render
Fill in the bricks on that odd U shape section, then just paint the bricks in a colour that complements the pinkish tile roof. I like the suggestion of a verandah or front deck. Paint or oil the carport fence and you could stencil the driveway and path to the front door. Whatever you do, nurture that Jacaranda as it is adding great shade, street appeal and added value.
I agree about the jacaranda.

Definitely paint or (preferably) render the bricks. That will modernise the house a lot and tidy it up for a relatively minor cost.

I personally don't think a verandah or porch will add much on top of the render and it will cost a lot. You prob won't get that money back when you sell.

Definitely need to tidy the carport up but if you can do that with paint that is preferable. New carport is too expensive and might not get the $$ back at sale.

Pretty up the garden. Fence would be cute but probably not necessary.

New roof is too expensive, but you can get the roof painted and that can look great and make a big difference.
Related
30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

3/02/2024
Overshadowing clarification - planning - SL housing

General Discussion

I am not based in Victoria however i had a quick look into your question to understand what you were asking. The way I read the regulations, overshadowing relates to the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum