Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm
I've been scanning the market in search for a project builder in Brisbane. As I've become more learned along the way, these are a few things I've picked up when dealing with project builders:
- what they tend to offer from the start (with your chosen package which comes with a list of inclusions), is pretty good value. But the issue is, what they offer is pretty well lacking with the level of inclusions. There are a lot of items that the average household needs which are not included.
- when you start to nominate additional inclusions, the good value begins to diminish. Very small things added can be very expensive. They all add up, and the total estimated cost starts to get high.
- I've even found that some inclusions cannot even be estimated on upfront, and instead you're being asked to pay a deposit before finding out the fixed cost for said inclusions i.e. floor to ceiling wall tiles in the bathrooms.
Choosing the right level of inclusion and upgrades is going to be different for each customer, but in my case, these are some of the additional inclusions which I never seem to find as standard:
- top grade ceiling insulation and anticon blanket to the roof
- top grade JH cladding (i.e. Linear board) ILO the bottom end JH stuff
- floor to ceiling wall tiles in the bathrooms
- maximum external wall insulation
- decent range of flooring, included
- shower niches
- higher ceiling (on both floors of a 2 story house)
- well fitted out kitchen cabinetry, and cabinetry in the BIRs and WIRs
- stone tops everywhere
So for example, a base price of $250K turns into a total price of $400K once you find out all the missing things and add them in as extra's.
Does anyone know of any project builders that has a standard offer with a pack load of good level inclusions (for the Brisbane area or surrounds)?
Re: Project builders with top end inclusions as standard2
Dec 05, 2019 12:16 am
We're building with DC Living who have relatively good inclusions compared to the bigger builders like Metricon etc. Having said that, I didn't come across any builders with the inclusions you've listed as a standard, we paid to upgrade most things to a similar level to you but started at a higher base point I'd say. We only paid the initial deposit to cover site surveys, soil tests etc and then spent a long time sorting out the tender for all of our upgrades before paying the next deposit to get the contract done.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
Brett0004Perth Project Builders M2 PricingPerth Project Builders M2 Pricing
Chekii in regards to specs as far as I can see specs between Perth "project" builders are similar across the board, I agree there will be a variance due to the trades…
ChoccydogKDR Site costs - project home buildersKDR Site costs - project home builders
Hi all, I was just wondering for those that have signed house contracts with site costs being “provisional”, was it in your tender doc or included in the schedule of…
faykisWhich project builders build in flames on areas of SydneyWhich project builders build in flames on areas of Sydney
Which project builders build in flames on areas of Sydney? Specially when one wall/ elevattion of the house plan falls on FZ?
Jitenderdifference inclusions for same package for two clients for adifference inclusions for same package for two clients for a
Hi all. Yesterday, I signed up with a builder in Adelaide to construct my single storey house. I have upgraded by taking up the diamond package offered by…