Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Question regarding new build

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

Am in the process of building a new home my first so not very experienced in all this and have a question for all the building experts on this forum.

We are currently at frame stage, the frame is seemingly complete as well as the roof trusses and what not. Gutter and fascia are almost done and roof will go on at some stage this week.

My question relates to windows, having a walk through site today I’ve noticed that our window frames don’t look like they are completely secured to the frame of the house.
There is a three inch nail on both sides of the window frame that sticks out of the window frame by about 50 mil, and goes into the frame of the house however with a gap between the window frames and the house frames of about 50 mil.

Am I overthinking this or is this normal for this stage of the build and are they completely and properly fitted at a later stage?

Thanks everyone in advance for all the help!!
Pictures needed.

Qs about windows should be posted in the Windows and Doors sub forum...where the windows and doors experts hang out.

Also ditto to joker's post.
Related
7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum