Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Render patchy

Page 1 of 1
It's been about a few weeks rendering is complete, but it looks all patchy looks like it's bag painted and not rendered fully. Is this common or just me getting apprehensive? Please advice.

Has it had its second coat?
Gaudi
Has it had its second coat?

Not sure, I think the builder has not written anything about a second coat of rendering. Should the rendering be double quoted??
That is just the cement render.
It still needs to be painted or have acrylic render over the top.
By the looks of it, it will just be painted.
Does your contract specify painted cement render or acrylic render?
the contract does not say anything about painting and acrylic finish. It just says provide "render finish to the facade and rest of the house"
Cement render, neat and tidy job.

There is numerous ways to finish from here. Do you have a colour specified?

Typically if your walls are solid construction or some type of cladding it will need to painted to satisfy the building code (non cavity construction, VIC)
That looks exactly how ours did after rendering. It was then painted and looks perfect.
Mirrmu83
Cement render, neat and tidy job.

There is numerous ways to finish from here. Do you have a colour specified?

Typically if your walls are solid construction or some type of cladding it will need to painted to satisfy the building code (non cavity construction, VIC)

Thanks house is built in QLD. what does the building code suggest here?
I have added 2 photos of our house - one before painting

and one after painting

Our render looked exactly like yours before painting. I hope this puts your mind at ease..
brightstarshine
It's been about a few weeks rendering is complete, but it looks all patchy looks like it's bag painted and not rendered fully. Is this common or just me getting apprehensive? Please advice.

guaranteed that's just your base coat
bestspecials

and one after painting

Our render looked exactly like yours before painting. I hope this puts your mind at ease..

Your facade and colors are just perfect. Its a beautiful home.
brightstarshine
bestspecials

and one after painting

Your facade and colors are just perfect. Its a beautiful home.

Thanks. You don't see all the brick lines once it is painted.
Related
14/07/2023
Patchy unknown flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Everyone, Ripped up the carpet and the surface below gas come loose and you can see the slab below. The material breaking away looks and feels like crumbling cement.…

8/05/2023
Acrylic render: Dulux or ROCKCOTE

General Discussion

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply again. I had a chat with the builder, he said he will use primer, then hydrotec which comes with colour and sealer as well. A Renderer I…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum