Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Fibreglass pool with concrete piers

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had experience putting a fibreglass pool in with concrete piers?
We are in Melbourne with a small backyard and bad soil (lots of fill and high water table). We’ve been told by concrete pool builders that we will need extra piers put in but we can’t afford a full concrete pool. Our fibreglass pool installer said we need engineering for concrete piers but they’ve never done an install like that before. Another pool installer told me it’s really difficult / tricky job to put fibreglass on concrete piers. Is it doable?
ReneeT
Has anyone had experience putting a fibreglass pool in with concrete piers?
We are in Melbourne with a small backyard and bad soil (lots of fill and high water table). We’ve been told by concrete pool builders that we will need extra piers put in but we can’t afford a full concrete pool. Our fibreglass pool installer said we need engineering for concrete piers but they’ve never done an install like that before. Another pool installer told me it’s really difficult / tricky job to put fibreglass on concrete piers. Is it doable?

Hi, Yes I did it back in 2012 with narellan pools. worked perfectly and didnt seem too tricky so I cant understand why they are saying it is difficult.

Ours even had to be retained 1800mm above our courtyard, didnt move at all

You will love a quality fibreglass pool

good luck
Thanks so much for your reply!! Good to know it can be done.
Could be tricky if there is a shallow water table maybe screw piles would be a better option
Related
19/05/2023
Excessive piers for a house???

Building A New House

How good is Simeon?! Always taking time to help others out! Wish we were building in NSW and could work together. Thanks for all that you do!

7/06/2023
Leaning House piers

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That’s very helpful information. Will find out more from there. Much appreciated.

14/03/2024
Flooring on brick piers

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

could be anything but it looks like styrofoam

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum