Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

OSD Tanks....

Page 1 of 1
Ive been told by my Council that I need to install a huge OSD stormwater tank..... This is very painful to have to do this as the hydraulic engineer is suggestings it needs to be 25000 litres! !! like the size of a swimming pool ....

Rather than just accept what I am told I wanted to get some quotes on this.

All castle are saying its my responsibility - and they'll work with who ever I choose. I have gone with their recommended hydraulic guy who did the design , but I'm expecting the tank will be like 30k + !!! The guy I was told to ask about OSD - doesnt even have a website or proper email (just gmail). WOuld you spend 30k to buy a OSD tank from a guy with no proper company details ?

This whole OSD is stressfull. If the COuncil insist I fund storm management because they havent , they should provide assistance and guidance and not leave punters to figure out how put this in.
bsunders
Ive been told by my Council that I need to install a huge OSD stormwater tank..... This is very painful to have to do this as the hydraulic engineer is suggestings it needs to be 25000 litres! !! like the size of a swimming pool ....

Rather than just accept what I am told I wanted to get some quotes on this.

All castle are saying its my responsibility - and they'll work with who ever I choose. I have gone with their recommended hydraulic guy who did the design , but I'm expecting the tank will be like 30k + !!! The guy I was told to ask about OSD - doesnt even have a website or proper email (just gmail). WOuld you spend 30k to buy a OSD tank from a guy with no proper company details ?

This whole OSD is stressfull. If the COuncil insist I fund storm management because they havent , they should provide assistance and guidance and not leave punters to figure out how put this in.

I am going through something similar, I have however sourced a custom made tank from a company called versatile. Speak to:
Dee Hunter
Business Owner
VERSATILE TANKS
1300 783 344
www.VersatileTanks.com.au

Mine is smaller at 13,500 litres and I am paying $9,900
OK thanks for replying. I'd have thought many people are going through this . do they just pay up no questions ?
bsunders

What is your PSD?

Does the tank require a retention compartment? Given that you have been told you require a 25,000 L tank, I would think so. If so, are the house plumbing requirements (mains water switching device etc) also included in your $30,000?

bsunders
I have gone with their recommended hydraulic guy who did the design , but I'm expecting the tank will be like 30k + !!! The guy I was told to ask about OSD - doesnt even have a website or proper email (just gmail). WOuld you spend 30k to buy a OSD tank from a guy with no proper company details ?

It is impossible to comment on costs without knowing all applicable information of which none have been provided.

Does the tank have to be underground due to outside surface area limitations and surface drainage requirements? If so and if it is really a retention/detention tank, do you have the surface area to consider having a separate above ground retention system? Have you considered a space saving multi purpose retention system...retention tanks that double as retaining walls for example?

The calculations for a required detention or retention/detention tank are easy for those in the art but many hydraulic engineers pad their charge and many plans are just cookie cutter if you are in a new estate. Also remember the builder's usual 20%.
bsunders
OK thanks for replying. I'd have thought many people are going through this . do they just pay up no questions ?

I was quoted $45k to do mine with blockwork. on top of the $9,900 I will still have to excavate, plumb and crane it in. Should get out of it under $20k plus builders margin ( on a cost plus contract given my circumstances)

Still a hell of a lot cheaper than blockwork
saveH20
What is your PSD?

102 L/s/ha

saveH20
Does the tank require a retention compartment?

. If so, are the house plumbing requirements (mains water switching device etc) also included in your $30,000?

No idea . I dont actually have a quote yet other than the plumbing for it which is around 10k. The tank will be (alot) extra.

saveH20
Does the tank have to be underground due to outside surface area limitations and surface drainage requirements? If so and if it is really a retention/detention tank, do you have the surface area to consider having a separate above ground retention system? Have you considered a space saving multi purpose retention system...retention tanks that double as retaining walls for example?

Well is 24m3 - thats too big to have above ground without it looking horrid.
Its an OSD - I also have a 4000 lte above ground tank.

I think because I have a lot of roof, and live in rainy area. its perfect storm (forgive the pun).
bsunders
saveH20
What is your PSD?

102 L/s/ha

saveH20

. If so, are the house plumbing requirements (mains water switching device etc) also included in your $30,000?

No idea . I dont actually have a quote yet other than the plumbing for it which is around 10k. The tank will be (alot) extra.

saveH20

I think because I have a lot of roof, and live in rainy area. its perfect storm (forgive the pun).

I have the plans for the 22,500 litre tank and its 2400 x 4400 x 2200 approx ( but they custom make them
SejaeD
bsunders
saveH20
What is your PSD?

102 L/s/ha

saveH20

saveH20

I have the plans for the 22,500 litre tank and its 2400 x 4400 x 2200 approx ( but they custom make them

Great - do you have a quote for that one ?
Related
3/01/2024
Rainwater tanks in BAL FZ

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Thank you it really does, appreciate your response!

5/12/2023
Rainwater Tanks not filling in light rain

General Discussion

That was always going to be a challenge and a test of patience. Full marks to your mate. Did you discuss the wet area near the trampoline?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum