I'm hitting a bit of a wall here but maybe it's just a lack of experience/confidence. I've been looking through a lot of different display homes for the last 6 months or so. I've liked a lot but nothing has seemed "perfect" and I always seem to want to take little bits of inspiration from a lot of different sources.
One of the homes that had some features I really liked was the Sarocco from Parry homes. Mainly due to the large living area that flow into a side yard rather than the rear (My blocks a little wider so want to utilise the side as my main outdoor area).
So after some chats with Parry homes, the salesmen advised they can take a custom floor plan and send it off to their HQ for tender. As long as it’s not too complex and you expect a similar finish, cost should be similar to that of their display homes at the same size.
So I’ve started with their floor plan and started chopping and changing aspects I think would suit me best.
Things I really want
· I think having the kitchen/living area push to the far end of the house along 1 wall is a good use of space rather than it wrapping around a right angle like the Sarroco. This also allows a good flow from the kitchen straight into the alfresco for a nice indoor/outdoor entertaining space.
· The dimension of the home theatre room are pretty specific for what I want. I’ve already got a big plans for this room and it’s important to keep those pretty hefty dimension.
· Large stacker or sliding doors between living room and alfresco. Looks like it’ll be around 7M and not sure how plausible this is on my budget
Things I’m not sure on
· Really not sure how to structure the ensuite/Main bathroom. I think I’ve allocated an appropriate amount of space but this might just be a matter of working with a builder to get some basic layout. Really open to any ideas.
· Storage: as seen I have not really included any storage. Either linen or general storage areas. Not really sure where to start here either.
· As above. The cost of a 7M opening with bifold or sliding doors.
Honestly any opinions or insight would be really appreciated. Anything from “I would do this” to “your design look boring” and everything in between.. Any input is welcome as I feel so unfamiliar with all this stuff.
I totally understand at the end of the day I need to engage builders and work on these kinds of things but often feel pretty rushed when on site with them. I’ll obviously be doing this but I think it’s smart to get as much information/opinion from different sources as possible.
One last thing. My Sulcations are showing the current floorplan at around 290m2. Is it unreasonable to think I could achieve a build with a volume builder at around $1200 per m2 or am I cutting it a bit fine there? I can obviously re work the design to reduce the size if needed.