Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Metricon using our build as a display home to sell more home

Page 1 of 1
We are currently building with Metricon and it has been a long and expensive process. As with others I’ve read on here we were left hanging on for months wondering what was going on before we finally got a contract and then because it took so long they penalised us 6000 dollars for starting late . We mananged to get them to bring this down by half but still not great . The communication early on was appalling or no exsistant.
When the build finally got underway it went up very quickly and we are almost at the end of our build . Although they ruined our fences which the contacts says is out problem. Only a couple weeks till we do the walk through.
Last night we drove past and found a Metricon man in a suit showing a family through our almost complete house. I was shocked and not happy at all.
Is it unreasonable for me to be unhappy about this ? Is this common practice? I wrote an email to our customer service Person saying I wasn’t happy about it and don’t want it to happen again.
Haven’t heard back yet 🙄
Thoughts please much appreciated !
Thanks
I have been on the other end. My sales rep told me that they ask the permission of the building inspector and the owner before they allow a walk through of the property. I’ve been inside two homes during the build stage to get an idea of how my house will end up looking.
It's personal choices, but if my builder was happy to show people my house, then I'd be happy. I'd rather that than the opposite where they don't want anyone to see their bad finishes
I think Steve4216 has a good point. Why would it matter to you?
In any case builder is in charge of the site until handover and if they want to show off, why not?
It’s a good sign if Metricon are confident enough to show your house to others. The workmanship on my house was so poor they never would have done this!
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

7/02/2024
Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

Building A New House

Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum