Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Minimum requirements to build?

Page 1 of 1
I'm anoyed at how much it costs to build or buy in or around existing towns and am trying to model a lower cost option for anyone who doesnt care about living close to existing towns or cities. I think its a travisty that those without substantial income cannot be afforded the basic human right to build their own shelter so...Im wondering what are the minimum requirements?

Someone recently told me that in order for his farm structure to even be considered livable he would need to pay in excess of 20k in approvals. Doesnt sound too over the top but what else is required other than a building that meets code?

I assume meeting the code is the expense ie conecting to water power & sewage?

What are your recomendations to understand these legalities?

Should i go straight to the council, a builder, planner, legislation? How can i figure this out?

Thank you,

Tarick
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

29/10/2023
Sewer line minimum depth in NSW

Building A New House

Hi, only for walking. It is a narrow 1.5m paved area next to house.

3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum