Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

house design and location of windows

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I will be building this design on a 9.6 m X 35.35 meter deep,?? South facing block..?? suggestions welcome on design..
Also I am not able to decide if i should add a window in?? living area. If i add a window in living room on east side of living room, will the morning sun be an irritation???

Also i am thinking to add a north facing window in dining area..?? what you guys say about overall design and about location of windows?

Thanks
Yes add the windows on the North side of the dining and east living for sure. Morning light can be nice especially in winter. If it's too bright you can close the blinds. The design works well.

amilelka
Yes add the windows on the North side of the dining and east living for sure. Morning light can be nice especially in winter. If it's too bright you can close the blinds. The design works well.

agree
Personally I would also reduce the height of all your west side windows. Study and bathroom for example can easily be set @1029mm height. Also consider trans laminate for bathroom and toned glazing on the west where possible or external shading.
You can try adding glazing signs and blinds rather than adding a normal window, just a suggestion. I like your design and way of thinking. You should definitely add the north facing window in the dining area. It is superb to have one.
Related
17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

29/06/2023
Location manhole access

Rental Property

do you have a flat metal roof

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home