Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Stratco Outback Sunroof Review

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Has anyone had a Stratco Outback Sunroof installed recently or have one already? Interested to know how reliable they are. Called SolarGuard in Sydney for a quote and they advised that they were going to change blade motors tomorrow on one that was about 4 years old. Cost is about 3k for this but was told it’s an older model motor.

Are louvred roofs reliable? Sounds like they’re expensive to fix when they break.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
esanto1
Hi,

Has anyone had a Stratco Outback Sunroof installed recently or have one already? Interested to know how reliable they are. Called SolarGuard in Sydney for a quote and they advised that they were going to change blade motors tomorrow on one that was about 4 years old. Cost is about 3k for this but was told it’s an older model motor.

Are louvred roofs reliable? Sounds like they’re expensive to fix when they break.

Thanks

We have just had one put in but it’s not a stratco, the brand we got was an eclipse opening roof.
https://hv.com.au/product/alfresco-opening-roof-flat/

I had one installed with the rain sensor. 3 wired connection kept the rain sensor constantly powered and shorted out the electronics, Replacemrht is going to cost $600 just for the power module and new rain sensor. Unit lasted less than 5 years stratco don’t want to know about it and the company that made supplies the power supply is aware of the fault but want to charge you for a new set up!
esanto1
Hi,

Thanks
Has anyone else had an issue with the stratco outback opening roof ?
I've had direct and extremely unpleasant dealings with Stratco patios. It is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Utterly incompetent, expensive, poor quality product and no idea on how to run a business.
I strongly recommend you find another business to supply your sunroof.
Related
25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

26/10/2023
Builder Charging to Review Independent Reports

Building A New House

It is true that a builder can ignore your independent inspection report as it is not part of the contractual arrangement but that is stupid because he cannot avoid fixing…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum