Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What house style is this?

Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to determine what style house this 1960s build is and hence how you would landscape the front yard and tidy up the front of the house.
It's white brick with a Terracotta roof and some interesting design in the brickwork in the center of the front.
Any ideas?

Do you have any additional photos? What is the interior layout like?
I'm leaning loosely towards International Style, it has some of the hallmarks like the long continuous low roof line, the white brick, and use of brick/concrete as a "feature" however I think it's suffering a little bit of an identity crisis.
Was it originally a duplex by any chance? Is the brick feature work in the middle an entry porch?

https://www.domain.com.au/advice/modernist-or-international-architectural-style-in-australia/
It looks like you have some lovely mature trees, definitely retain those. However, the house seems to "jump out" from the surroundings, I would be doing more to blend it in. I'd plant a couple of trees in front of the house, but keep them off centre and avoid symmetry so that it doesn't look too formal. Silver birch (depending on your location) would be lovely, slimline with delicate foliage and beautiful white trunks. Maples if you're somewhere cold enough for the foliage to change colour in autumn.

Or you could follow the "Palm Springs" style gardening that was popular with this style of home.
https://www.ecooutdoorusa.com/garden-life/6-key-principles-midcentury-modern-gardens/
Beautiful Look
I don't know what type of house style is this. But the design is beautiful and looking at such a nice, look like a farmhouse.
This is beautiful. I would definitely add more floral plants on the front yard.
Related
5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

19/05/2023
Excessive piers for a house???

Building A New House

How good is Simeon?! Always taking time to help others out! Wish we were building in NSW and could work together. Thanks for all that you do!

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum