Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Mega Homes Disappeared

Page 2 of 3
@ Mr g.

To quote a previous post, click "Reply" in the bottom left corner. The quoted text will then come up in a box and you can then delete what is not required within the box or leave it intact. Clicking Reply also gives you Full Editor.

To reply, you enter your text at the bottom outside the box.

At the top right hand corner of the box, you will see "COPY X". The COPY function allows you to duplicate the text in the box by bringing up the same box as many times as you like so that you can reply under each box to separate passages while the X allows you to delete the box.

If you post and later want to edit the post, click on the three dots in the bottom right hand corner and a menu will come up. Select Edit. Your post will show that it has been edited if there has been a post after yours.
Siahwaninn10
Mr g
The mega transfer of jobs has been approved by the vmia this is correct but the transfer is now being investigated by ASIC and other government bodies as Wally mega has a finger in the mega. This is all a scam between Wally and son in law Paul. Staff, trades and suppliers of mega stand to get nothing. The vmia have been made aware of the allegation leveled against mega and Wally bit they simply do not care. Understand people are being forced to sign up with VM as Paul and Wally's personal assets secure the insurance with the vmia. If client sign with Vm then Paul and Wally stand to lose personally. Wally started the whole financially trouble with Mega before he sold it to the new owners. If mega winds up Wally's builders licence is a also could be teared up by the VBA so thos who sign up with Vm maybe in the same spot of finding another builder in a months time.

My build is progressing well, as I said I signed the Novation on the Monday and work started Wednesday. Fixing is complete painters will be done by end of this week.

Electricians have been in and cut down light holes.

Tiler is booked in for Monday.

So believe what you wish, I have a company managing the build and they have done all the due diligence necessary on checking out what has been arranged.
We expect the build to be move in ready by the end of the month, but expect snagging issues to take a further week or so.

I can understand your concern about others.

First, Court hearing is still there. I understand that you have difficulty to find it.
Second,

You mentioned that you were wiith WATERSUN, they put you with Mega homes. And now from Mega homes to VM. If I am not wrong, Watersun hits in early 2017.
It's not good for anyone to wait this long, change 3 builders and face so much hassle.
You might have trusted MH when Watersun busted.
But I don't want to move from one to another and then to another again.
In last,
I spoke to MH, VMIA and surveyor, They all says work can only start after VMIA send updates policy, surveyor can issue permit if builder has valid insurance.
This process can take up to 2-3 weeks. And they can start only after following all legal procedures. (And I don't think anyone risk their license if VBA finds out).
I am surprised but happy for you that your work started without any of these legal formalities.

But I prefer to BELIEVE all authorities involved in this.
Also I am happy to wait and analyze all possibilities before making decision.

I am sure you respect others choices and beliefs.
Western13
Siahwaninn10
Mr g
The mega transfer of jobs has been approved by the vmia this is correct but the transfer is now being investigated by ASIC and other government bodies as Wally mega has a finger in the mega. This is all a scam between Wally and son in law Paul. Staff, trades and suppliers of mega stand to get nothing. The vmia have been made aware of the allegation leveled against mega and Wally bit they simply do not care. Understand people are being forced to sign up with VM as Paul and Wally's personal assets secure the insurance with the vmia. If client sign with Vm then Paul and Wally stand to lose personally. Wally started the whole financially trouble with Mega before he sold it to the new owners. If mega winds up Wally's builders licence is a also could be teared up by the VBA so thos who sign up with Vm maybe in the same spot of finding another builder in a months time.

My build is progressing well, as I said I signed the Novation on the Monday and work started Wednesday. Fixing is complete painters will be done by end of this week.

So believe what you wish, I have a company managing the build and they have done all the due diligence necessary on checking out what has been arranged.
We expect the build to be move in ready by the end of the month, but expect snagging issues to take a further week or so.

Siahwaninn10

First, Court hearing is still there. I understand that you have difficulty to find it.
Second,

You mentioned that you were wiith WATERSUN, they put you with Mega homes. And now from Mega homes to VM. If I am not wrong, Watersun hits in early 2017.
It's not good for anyone to wait this long, change 3 builders and face so much hassle.
In last,
I spoke to MH, VMIA and surveyor, They all says work can only start after VMIA send updates policy, surveyor can issue permit if builder has valid insurance.
This process can take up to 2-3 weeks. And they can start only after following all legal procedures. (And I don't think anyone risk their license if VBA finds out).
I am surprised but happy for you that your work started without any of these legal formalities.

[/quote]

We expect the build to be move in ready by the end of the month, but expect snagging issues to take a further week or so.[/quote]

To Siahwaninn10

Second,

In last,

I am sure you respect others choices and beliefs.[/quote]
Sorry I was editing and my comments duplicated by my mistake.
Western13
Siahwaninn10
Mr g

Second,

In last,

I BELIEVE they aren’t even building and work for VM.
https://www.domain.com.au/news/builder-mega-homes-faces-attempt-to-wind-up-the-company-818527/

I heard that as per court hearing today, they are in liquidation now.
Does anyone know this?
They’re in liquidation.
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/b ... estate=VIC
lovelyoldsole

Thank you...
Siahwaninn10
Western13
Hi, I am building house with Mega Homes and they just disappeared. They are not working on site for long time. They not replying to any emails or phone calls.
Their office in Williamstown and website closed!!!!
Does anyone facing same issue????? Any other victim out there?
If anyone had same issue, please advise what can be done!!!

We where contacted by VM Builders to sign the Novation to transfer the build to them, this is legitimate and has been approved by the VMIA. we signed Monday and work started on Wednesday.
The notice to wind up the company posted on Asic website was rescinded once it had been noticed. Long story.

Quick truths.. Wally Mega sold the company 3 years ago to his son in law Paul Ruzeu and Jonathon Wang. They had issues. Paul who held the building licence left the company, no licence no building. Hence the work stopped on all builds on March 1st.

Wally Mega started a smaller company VM Builders after selling Mega Homes, to do smaller volume builds.

He still had assets tied up with Mega homes.

If Mega Homes go into liquidation those assets will be lost, therefore an arrangement has been made with VMIA approval or VM Builders to complete all outstanding contracts held by Mega Homes.

Once these contracts are completed Mega Homes will fold allowing Wally to sell his assets.

This is the best outcome for everyone involved and suggest it is in the best interest of anyone still waiting for completion of their home to sign the Novation.
If you are uncertain contact Ninedots

http://www.ninedots.com.au/

We have employed them to manage the remainder of our build.

A small cost for peace of mind !

"The notice to wind up the company posted on Asic website was rescinded once it had been noticed. Long story."

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/Mega-Homes-Pty-Ltd-063797473/c3ea0570-e4d4-4f6e-ae2c-75c24871c3ce?appointment=All&noticepurpose=All&noticestate=VIC

Perhaps you should have gotten your facts straight. LOL
I'm completely confused to what's happening,as I understand mega goes broke, some say sign on with original owner (*******), someone says my build is ok and contining with someone else, others say hold on , wait be careful until liquidater makes a decision.
Very grateful for a basic easy summary from anybody on mega homes and clients various options and opinions,thanks in advance.

Joker
I'm completely confused to what's happening,as I understand mega goes broke, some say sign on with original owner (*******), someone says my build is ok and contining with someone else, others say hold on , wait be careful until liquidater makes a decision.
Very grateful for a basic easy summary from anybody on mega homes and clients various options and opinions,thanks in advance.

I signed the Novation with VM Builders and my build is progressing well. Looking to be moving in middle of May.
As I have mentioned before contact Rebecca at Ninedots and she will give you reliable advice.
However as they have now gone into liquidation I am unsure as to whether the option to go to VM Builders is still open.
I have spoken to liquidator today. Any deals with VM Builders will need to stop and will be clawed back to Mega to be allocated to a new builder. Now they are in liquidation the VMIA insurance will kick in.
Siahwaninn10
Joker

I signed the Novation with VM Builders and my build is progressing well. Looking to be moving in middle of May.
As I have mentioned before contact Rebecca at Ninedots and she will give you reliable advice.
However as they have now gone into liquidation I am unsure as to whether the option to go to VM Builders is still open.
Thanks I know Rebecca from nine dots,your in good hands.

Mr g
I have spoken to liquidator today. Any deals with VM Builders will need to stop and will be clawed back to Mega to be allocated to a new builder. Now they are in liquidation the VMIA insurance will kick in.

Novation was signed and approved by the VMIA so no longer tied to Mega Homes.
Yes but liquidator will seize and claw back . As mega couldn't legally pass work over while being insolvant. Our activity need to go through a liquidation process.
Mr g
Yes but liquidator will seize and claw back . As mega couldn't legally pass work over while being insolvant. Our activity need to go through a liquidation process.

They were not declared insolvent at the time of the Novation being signed.

Pretty certain progress will continue on my home and I will be in next month.

There is no benefit in the liquidators trying to stop progress on homes which have no value to them.

Whatever time will tell
Your property is value to them as any outstanding amounts owed will go to paying their debts. VMIA insurance is not meant to start till after a builder goes bankrupt. So the fact the transferred it before makes it an illegal deal. I have seen this before happen to a mate of mine. That is why I have waited for my build to see what happens with the liquidator and VMIA.
The Novation cancelled the contract with Mega Homes, as was our right under either clause 41 or 43 of the contract as they where in breach on both counts.
This gives us the right to assign a new builder, which we did.
Nothing illegal about it.

A Novation is a cancellation not a transfer!

That aside we had paid to lock up and that was where our build was at.Therefore there was/is no outstanding amounts owed.

Plus I am pretty certain all of this would have been looked at from the legal standpoint prior to being put in place.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum