Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building with Elderton Home

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys, we just paid $1,000 for tender presentation from Elderton Homes. Any feedback, challenges or problems building with them?
I’d suggest going over to the building a new house forum and search there. There is definetly a few threads around there(a little old maybe)
gogo65
I’d suggest going over to the building a new house forum and search there. There is definetly a few threads around there(a little old maybe)

Hi gogo65, thank you for message. I did what you said but found a little bit old forum, the newest one was July 2018.... anyway I'm still going to search.
There hasn’t been much recently.
My daughters friend recently pulled out of a contract with them, as there land was delayed with registration (house and land package) and they were going to charge them an unreasonable amount for the delay.
So just check tender expiry and try and extend if possible (use it as a negotiating tool) if your land isn’t registered
They actually gave us 24 month tender duration which is really good compared to the other builders...
Hi mate,

I just read your post and wondering if you have signed with Elderton.

I put a $1,000 deposit and have managed to receive more discounts for their Promo they have at this stage. My tender appointment is next week so I guess I will take it from there. One thing I am concerned about is if they have given me all the discounts to get the sale and then during tender would try to add more costs such as site costs etc. One thing i disliked is that there promo says fixed cost but although I provided the contour, they were not able to fix my site cost.

Other concerns- Quality - especially for the second floor (not brick).

Any updates?

Thanks
HI Ramada,

How did your tender appointment go? We are currently evaluating this builder... would love to hear from you and others on the feedback and process. Where are you building?
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum