Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Don’t ever build with Mimosa Homes

Page 1 of 1
Don’t ever build with Mimosa Homes it’s just not worth the hassle, I will most likely have to go through VCAT or consider other legal options just to get things fixed properly. Just a gut feeling I hope it doesn’t come down to this, I have already started the DBDRV Process. I have two leaking showers, which were were noted on my 6 month inspection, which took place on the 16/02/2018.
Issues are with grouting, in one case some silicone on the shower screen is also an issue, the issues did cause allot of damage. The shower leaks along with many other issues were noted on my 6 month inspection, which took place on the 16/02/2018.
Mimosa left these leaking showers unfixed for 5 to 6 months without fixing them, despite continuous damage being caused. They kept promising to fix the issues but took an insane amount of time to do so. I had to stop using the showers due the damage caused getting out of hand, they actually encouraged me to continue using one of the showers. Think damage and buckled sink cabinets, door jambs, door architraves, lots of discoloured grout around both bathrooms.
They really seem to think that their time frames were completely reasonable and that it was OK to ask someone to live like this in a new home. I don’t think they are willing to fix the issue properly. They have had 3 failed attempts, they seem to try & hack job their way around any expense that happens to pop up during these repairs. Leading to continues failed attempts at fixing the issue.
I was using a bath tub for well over two months due to these issues. It has now been a years time and the showers are still leaking, and are not up to VBA standards, I have forked out money on both a building inspection report and a leak detection report on both these showers.
The last attempt at fixing them included ripping out grout and rerouting the whole of both showers, & removing and refitting the screens. It took only 2 months for my door jamb to re buckle. In both showers during the leak detection test both shower niches were tested as been the major leaking points, there were also leaks elsewhere around the shower. When fixing these niches they did not rip out the grout in the niches as it may cause extra damage and cost. They simply put old grout over knew. They did not dig any out, they just smeared a very thin coating over the old damage, cracked & structurally unsuitable grout. They did this to avoid the work/cost involved in ripping the gout of the niches, and potentially damaging them. To be clear they ripped out all the old grout and started over everywhere but the major leaking points.

According to my current building inspection report:

Other issues:

I was told on 25/01/2019 that I would receive a call soon about fixing the door jamb/architrave which has re buckled. This never happened, my door architrave has not been fixed this time around. Although they some how consider the leak fixed. They last came on the 17/01/219 and spent about 20 minutes smearing new grout over old, did not dig any out. This was in the niches, these should be caulked according to VBA standards anyway.

I could fill at least a full 2 pages of dot points covering all the issues that took place during the actual building process, as well as all of the issues after handover. This is not including anything shower leak related, but this post is already way too long as it is. A lot of these issues were not small, think 3 front faced windows built too high into the roof/eave sheeting. They had to redo brick work, window sills, plaster, frame work and paint work just to fix this.

Just don’t do any sort off business with them it’s not worth it.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum