Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Lock up payment

Page 1 of 1
Just wondering if it is a requirement that render needs to be completed to reach this stage ( we have Hebel Panels ) we are on standard hia contract which states that cladding and external walls built , eaves and aluminium windows and doors fitted , no timber doors or windows to be fitted until brickwork is finished.
I had Hebel house built.
I can’t tell you based on legalities of contract, just based on my experience. I looked at my old lock up inspection report just to check.

The lower level was yet to be rendered.
The upper level render was completed while the scaffolding was up. My facade had 2 colors so second color/additional coat was done later as there was access for this to be done later.

Look around at local builds
I think you’ll find this is pretty common.

By the way- Are you having a private inspection with a building consultant for lock up stage?... if so you may as well ask the inspector.
If not.... maybe think again. It’s an important time build stage as much will soon be covered up.
Render doesn’t need to be completed to submit an invoice for the lock up payment.

Unless it somehow allows access into the dwelling without it

We had our lock up invoice before ground floor rendering was complete, if you have a acrylic render finish it will be one of the last items done as builder will want to minimize damage risk to finish when other trades are on site.
No.. render is not a requirement. Rendered or not does not affect whether the house can be locked up or not.
All sorted spoke with accounts , thanks for reply’s
Also note if your build is financed your bank will have a lock up valuation done when payment is requested.
Related
20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum