Dec 06, 2018 12:59 pm
First Home - Building Glendale 34 in VIC
Bought a block of land in Regional VIC Wallan, Finalized to build with Metricon,
Initially Sales consultant sold us the single story floor plan which we couldn't build because of the setbacks in conjunction with Estate requirements, wasted 5 Months in this Drama because of limited knowledge of the sales person, Lesson learnt to do the complete homework first before finalizing the floor plan.
Finalized Glendale 34 with Grand outdoor room and really excited with this floor plan.
A big thanks to Drew on the forum to provide depth of knowledge and answering all my non stop questions.
Structural Changes Include:
- Grand Outdoor room
- 2550 MM ceilings to the ground floor and the 1st floor
- 480MM Extension to Garage to allow for Internal concrete steps for Internal access door due to amount of fall on the land.
- 300 Series glass window splashback to kitchen
- Door under staircase for storage
- 450MM balance of eaves throughout on the 1st floor
- Still in coordination with M to have stacker door recessed but they are heavily declining the request that they dont do them anymore.
- Staircase: changed plaster wall and handrail to Timber all the way through instead of MDF Posts. (Timber rail is charcoal stained)
- Extended Kitchen Island bench to 1100MM with waterfall and 40MM stone.
- Coloured shelving in the pantry to match cabinetry
- 2340 MM high doors throughout
- Timber front door 2340MM * 920 (Charcoal Stained)
- Timber Stacker door with fly screen 2440MM * 3600MM
- Fly Screens + Lock to all windows
- Tiled shower bases throuout
- Cat 3 Stone bench to kitchen + powder room + Ensuite
- Under mount kitchen sink
- 800MM Laundry Cabinet
- cold water point for refrigerator
- 2 set of pot drawers
- soft close functions throughout cabinets n drawers
- pull out waste bins
Been to Studio M for colour selection 2nd time yesterday and knew what we wanted straight away.
- Colourbond roof with Sarking ( Monument Colour)
- Chestnut Bricks to ground floor
- Grey Pebble Render
- Monument gutters and down pipes
- Black windows
- Timber look - Wenge Garage door colour
Hope It will look better
Laundry + Powder room : SIlver Ice Pietra 600 * 600 Porcelain tiles
Ensuite + Bathroom: 450 * 450 Grey Charcoal tiles on the floor and Light Grey Concrete look tiles in the shower.
Snowy Ibiza Stone to KItchen Island + Powder room
Ensuite Stone: Dark colour ( forgot name) Polar white floating vanity)
Appliances + Carpet + Similar Tiles for the rest of the ground floor would be done post handover.
Portico and Alfresco Tiles: Belga Charcoal Textured: 600 * 300MM = Post Handover
Exposed aggregate Driveway = Post handover
Electrical was blast: Ended up at 10,500 ( didnt see it coming lol )
Budjet is blown up by $25000.
- Down lights to Ground floor + 1st Floor everywhere per display electrical schedule along with dimmers
- Connections to Portico pillars for future feature lighting
- connections to grand out door rear pillars for future feature lighting
- Upgraded heating to accomodate dual zone options
- Data points provisioning to run the ethernet cables for future CCTV cameras and video intercom
- Conduits to living to hide out all the cables
- batten connection to powder room + sitting + kitchen Island + living for future pendants
- junction box in the roof space to hang chandilier in the future
- junction box in the roof space for Master bedroom to hang pendants in the future
- Provisioning for future aircon in the Master bedroom + Living area
- Exhuast in the lanndry to run the dryer
- Exhuast in the bathroom
- LED strip ligh to Garage.
- provided specs to allign power point to support future bosch oven which would be hard wired
- provided specs to allign power for future bosch cooktop and dimensions for stove cut out
- provided specs to allign power to run qasair westmore twinmotor rangehood
- Had to upgrade to 3 phase power
Thats all I remember for Now, Let me know what do you guys think and open for suggestions.
Re: First Home - Building Glendale 34 in VIC2
Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm
Few photos. Glendale 34 floor plan Outdoor room added.
External ColoursMonument Roof, down pipes and gutter, Charcoal stain to front door, wenge garage door, Grey pebble render, black windows
Ensuite and bathroom tilesColour scheme, Roof: Lexicon Quarter strength, walls: grey pebble
powder roomvanity for powder room and bathroom, Stone bench is Snowy Ibiza with darker cabinets.
EnsuiteEnsuite double vanities, Its going Above darker stone with pollar white floating vanity and charcoal grey floor tiles
Ensuite and bathroomcharcoal tiles for bathroom and ensuite floor and concrete look tiles for showers
Stairs upstairswrought iron would be in standard black colour
stairsStairs timber rail, wrought Iron would be in black colour - Standard
Facadephoto doesnt do the justice lol hope in real life it will look better
Colour schemeColour scheme together
Ground Floor TIlesSilver Ice pietra porcelain 600 * 600
Re: First Home - Building Glendale 34 in VIC3
Dec 06, 2018 1:36 pm
Hi Wild, great selections. It sounds like we have similar upgrades. Looking forward to seeing your build. Am I going mad, or were you planning on building the Winchester 28 previously? Anyway, so glad to see another Glendale build on its way!
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
shokel1975Cost to build Metricon home - Glendale / SalamancaCost to build Metricon home - Glendale / Salamanca
it depends on how many upgrades you want. We just moved into our Glendale 42. Base price with Peninsula facade was $320K, ended up spending about $530K plus another $40K…