Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Wall venting and insulation help

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm renovating a unit (brick veneer) in Melbourne. The old walls (please see picture) had vents into the cavity and no insulation. I am wondering whether I should put vents in the new walls or will it be okay to keep everything closed up to prevent heat loss during the winter?

I would also like to know if it is okay to insulate with wall batts without having sisilation or wall wrap between the timber frame and the external walls? (I am concerned about moisture transfer from the brickwork to the plaster through contact with the insulation)

A bit of info about the unit which may be related to the wall vents:
It had an old electric heater which we will replace with a split system.
There is a bit of moisture in the ground under the subfloor as is seem some surface rainwater run off seeps through weep holes in the brickwork.

Thanks so much in advance for advice 🙂

Related
11/12/2023
Replacing wall insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on installing/replacing wall insulation on an external wall which doesn't have wrap, our miners cottage being constructed…

26/01/2024
Missing wall insulation

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi all, I’m in a house built 7 yrs ago. One bedroom wall faces East and gets strong morning sun. It’s a gyprock wall with hebel exterior. One section of the wall,…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum