Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

uPVC or Solar - a 10K dilemma!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, trying to choose between windows upgrade to uPVC or rooftop solar, both costs about same (~ 10K). I know they are quite different items, but one saves energy and another produce energy - not quite sure which one will have a greater ROI in long run! and I only have 10k to spare on one of it.

I'm all ears!
Double (or tripple glazing, and it doesn't necessarily have to be uPVC) will be also about comfort than just energy savings.

Solar doesn't produce energy during mornings and evenings, when you consume most, so it makes sense to combine them with the batteries and, therefore, it will be more expensive.
thanks alexp79. Its already double glazing for me, triple glazing - I don't think I can afford. I probably going to go with uPVC. Your point on solar also make sense, with batteries added to the mix the cost could be double - perhaps I will install a complete system (solar+battery) later after a few years I guess.
ligongl
thanks alexp79. Its already double glazing for me, triple glazing - I don't think I can afford. I probably going to go with uPVC. Your point on solar also make sense, with batteries added to the mix the cost could be double - perhaps I will install a complete system (solar+battery) later after a few years I guess.

Why wouldn’t you install solar from day 1 and enjoy the savings straight away along with even more energy saving and comfort with the DG windows?

Don’t get sucked into batteries, in 2018 they still aren’t viable. They warranty them for 10yrs but the payback takes about 15yrs.

Put the solar system in now and you can add a battery in 2, 5 or however many yrs time once they are viable.
Related
12/04/2024
BAL 29 uPVC windows compliance

General Discussion

Just remember that uPVC melts at 160 C.

16/12/2023
solar car port in sydney

General Discussion

I looked into it a few years ago and my conclusion was to just build a carport that will support panels and get a system installed separately. The company I looked at had…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum