Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Gas connection question

Page 1 of 1
From what i understand gas connection is done by the gas supplier towards before handover.

When they dig the trench surely there is a very high chance it could hit the storm water pipe , electric line and water line. And worst still if u have agi drain in that area.

Anyone can elaborate further how this is done?
The underground pipes are put in by your builder much earlier. Then comes the meter and finally the gas is "connected" just before handover.
IamSAM
The underground pipes are put in by your builder much earlier. Then comes the meter and finally the gas is "connected" just before handover.

Hmm i didn't know that.

Can't seem to see it on my site the pipe for gas.

I assume it will protrude out the ground so contractor know where it is like the nbn conduit. I can only see the nbn conduit.

Thanks
MyFirst
IamSAM

Hmm i didn't know that.

Can't seem to see it on my site the pipe for gas.

I assume it will protrude out the ground so contractor know where it is like the nbn conduit. I can only see the nbn conduit.

Thanks

Should be a copper pipe sticking out of ground near the electric meter. Often builders color the pipe black so its not easily identified by copper mafia.
I saw the copper pipe for connection to the house near the electric meter.
But not the copper pipe coming out from the ground for the gas line.

From my research in Vic, it sounds like its the gas provider job to dig a trench and put in the gas line from the main line to the gas meter. And then from the gas meter into the house is the builder's/owner's responsility.

Feels kind of silly for the gas provider contractor to dig which could damaged my storm water pipe, water pipe , agi drain and even electric line if they are all situated around the same area.
Related
10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

22/12/2023
Water main connection

Building A New House

Hi all I'm currently building a duplex in Sydney and we need to do a new water connection to the second unit. The water main is on the other side of the road so we need…

6/09/2023
building a deck and gas hot water

General Discussion

I want to build a decking to the drawn shape outlined in black. The problem is how close can I build to the gas hot water unit? Will I be able to build around it and be…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum