Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Coral homes windows size + blinds

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys.
Quick question about blinds. We have just signed with Coral to build a modified Capri 25 and should receive the tender in the next 2/3weeks.

I know that is early stage but we decided to buy all the blinds that we have on the plan from spothlight last week (50% off).

I just heard that Coral uses A&L and they won't fit regular size blinds. ... 1200mm, 1800mm etc....

Is that true? Should I take all the blinds back to to shop and get a refund and wait or ??

Thanks,
That is true. Coral recess the windows so you don't see the metal frame around the window. All our windows came out about 2.5cm narrower because the metal window frame is recessed behind the timber frame.
As we have done curtains for the majority of our windows, that isn't a problem for us.
You should get a price from Coral for the blinds. May even work out the same price and a lot less stress. Plus, you won't pay for them until you pay your final bill.

I bought a blind from Spotlight and ended up taking it back because it was too wide. Spotlight offer a trimming service, but I was told it is $50 per blind (bit much I thought).

However, if you are happy to put the blinds on the frame and not recess them, it won't be a problem at all.
bestspecials
That is true. Coral recess the windows so you don't see the metal frame around the window. All our windows came out about 2.5cm narrower because the metal window frame is recessed behind the timber frame.
As we have done curtains for the majority of our windows, that isn't a problem for us.
You should get a price from Coral for the blinds. May even work out the same price and a lot less stress. Plus, you won't pay for them until you pay your final bill.

I bought a blind from Spotlight and ended up taking it back because it was too wide. Spotlight offer a trimming service, but I was told it is $50 per blind (bit much I thought).

However, if you are happy to put the blinds on the frame and not recess them, it won't be a problem at all.

Thank you very much.
I will contact Coral to check how much they charge for them otherwise I can get them custom made after handover.

Thanks for your answer, very helpful.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum