Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Laundry Chute regulations in Australia

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We have a laundry chute in our new build which just had the cabinets installed this week.

The cabinet opening is 620 wide, but the actual chute is only 270. It's been made from melamine, so this is the size the cabinet maker did himself.

The opening is tiny, and smaller than what was in the display home.

I am asking if there is a building code regulation that specifies the max opening size.

270mm square opening seems very small, most clothes will get stuck.

Thank you
HI, Does anyone know why my builder will not have a tope opening hinge for my laundry chute that is 1.2m high from the floor. They want to have it opening like you do with a dishwasher but only with a ridiculously small opening 125mm and a quilt cover wouldn't fit. They will not tell me which codes I would be violating if I had a top opening and as I said if a balcony rail only has to be 1.2m and it will meet childsafe restrictions why are they restricting the laundry opening.
Any help would be appreciated... Nikki
Related
23/05/2023
Soundproofing regulations in Australia

General Discussion

If you don't want to annoy the neighbours then simply get yourself some good head phones. For me the sound is much better using headphones. The NCC (National Construction…

13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum