Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Has anyone here built with long island homes. How was the pr

Page 1 of 1
I am after their service and pricing.
Reetk
My sister built with them, went really well, as their structure is better than most volume builders, but check out three resent builds in your area, ask home owners how their build went, this will give you a good idea of what to expect from them in your area, trade quality, etc, also get a good inspector, it puts them on notice, that your armed with knowledge and you know your rights, include a pre contract inspection as standard HIA contracts favour builders, best of luck.

Joker
Reetk
My sister built with them, went really well, as their structure is better than most volume builders, but check out three resent builds in your area, ask home owners how their build went, this will give you a good idea of what to expect from them in your area, trade quality, etc, also get a good inspector, it puts them on notice, that your armed with knowledge and you know your rights, include a pre contract inspection as standard HIA contracts favour builders, best of luck.

Thanks dear appreciate your suggestion. Will surely consider these
We built with Long Island Homes. It was a drawn out process that took way longer than we had hoped. The site managers kept on leaving, so we went through 4 site managers. It became a bit of a love/hate relationship at the time, but we persisted. In the end we were very happy with the build quality (paint quality became a sticking point, and to their credit, they rectified the shortfalls). Their after sales service has been really good, we've had a few "teething issues", but Long Island Homes are quick to sort out. On balance, I'd say they are pretty good. No matter who you build with, you will end up with grey hair!!!
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum