Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Paint colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone. We have our colour selections coming up next week for our new build.
I’m after some recommendations on paint colours. We have to choose a taubmans colour and the colour I love is a dulux colour. (Tranquil retreat). Wondering if anyone knows a comparable colour with taubmans or can suggest a light grey that won’t look blue, purple or brown.
Thankyou 😊
We have our brand new renovation painted in that colour. If you really want to know what it looks like in real life setting you can come visit our place instead of you getting sample colourson tiny pieces of samples..
The important bits are the RGB values and the LRV value. These determine what shade and how deep the colour is.
Dulux Tranquil Retreat is R: 195, G: 196, B: 194 LRV Value: 59. Basically it means there is a touch more green than red, and a touch more red than blue, but because of those values it is a pretty neutral grey - not going to throw to any particular colour. LRV is the light reflective value - the higher the number the lighter the colour.
Taubmans Centurion is somewhat similar - RGB: R205 G205 B202 LRV: 61.5
Grey Dusk - R207 G205 B200 LRV: 61.8 (slightly warmer colour grey)
Mountaintop - R197 G199 B195 LRV: 57.6
Glacier White - R202 G205 B200 LRV: 61.4

HTH
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much πŸ˜€ I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK πŸ˜€

24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

23/12/2023
How to fix gaps, nail holes, cracked wall/paint from skirtin

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi there, I just recently received my new house from my builder. We handed the house to another company to deal with the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum