Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

If you had to pull of country/hamptons but needed to use bri

Page 1 of 1
If wanted to go country/hamptons but had to go for a brick exterior ... What brick (and colour) would you choose?

Another catch is that the mortar need to match or blend with the brick.
gummz
If wanted to go country/hamptons but had to go for a brick exterior ... What brick (and colour) would you choose?

There are so many versions of hamptons! Go onto Houzz and have a look, here are some samples

My thinking is that I'd probably go a light grey brick (if there is one as an option), with white trim and possibly a darker grey render or darker grey stone feature etc.

Or, a medium grey stone, white trims and a light white/grey stone feature..

A brick option might be Austral Urban One Silver...

What colour scheme were you originally thinking?
Will do some browsing

dillongl
gummz

There are so many versions of hamptons! Go onto Houzz and have a look, here are some samples

TashPaul
My thinking is that I'd probably go a light grey brick (if there is one as an option), with white trim and possibly a darker grey render or darker grey stone feature etc.

Or, a medium grey stone, white trims and a light white/grey stone feature..

A brick option might be Austral Urban One Silver...

What colour scheme were you originally thinking?

Leaning towards grey with white trim but trying to avoid render due to it's maintence. I'm hoping someone has a brick,mortar,roof combo that can pull me in another direction other than grey.
I lived in the UK for a while, and painted brick is not an uncommon sight over there. We are building a 2 storey, our builder can do weatherboard on top, so we are planning to paint the brick bottom half. I am a bit worried as painting brick over here does not seem very common and I am not sure why. I am not interested in render.
I'm not a huge fan of render either. I like tiles as a feature, especially ones with texture, or that stacked stone stuff. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck
Related
15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

23/05/2023
Which entry door pull handle to go for?

Building A New House

Black on light wood does look good. Not sure if it will be as long lasting as a steel finish?

12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum