Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building new house - Provence or Traditional

Page 1 of 1

Hi all.
We have picked out a single house we want as well as falling in love with a colour scheme used in a display home for the same house.

We are in the processes of trying to decide what facade to go for, we have 2 choices. Traditional or Provence (I have attached info on both) as it will depend on cost. We are also looking at acreage so street appeal is not a priority.

We are thinking of using Colorbond Deep Ocean for the roof, gutters and fascias. This colour is what we are looking for as it will also be a nice match to Midnight Hour which will be used inside the house.

For the render we are thinking Surf Mist?? This is what we have on our current house, so know how it looks. Thinking it may give the Provence a contemporary style to the French Provincial style of the house, while maintaining similar traditional colours for the style.

As for the Traditional... We have change so much, including going from Surfmist garage, roof etc and black brick with white mortar, though think this will cost too much, and I cannot seem to find what the company use for their Austral Cat 1 bricks.

Another Traditional option is to keep with the Deep Ocean/Surf Mist look and maybe render, or white bricks...

ANy help would be appreciated. The last house we built we saw a display picture, loved it, and used the exterior.

Thanks
Provence looks expensive especially since it’s a flat roof system. Flat roof is also more likely to cause you problems in the long run. However it does look better. Is that window mouldings I see. Well it won’t be cheap compared to traditional since province most likely include steel lintels above windows where it’s missing in traditional.
Related
30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

7/09/2023
Leak in wall new house

General Discussion

If you make sure all taps inside and out are turned off, what does the water meter show if you leave it for a while.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum