Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Anyone got experience to take down gumtree with Ku-Ring-Gai

Page 1 of 1
I have a blue gum tree I am trying to get rid of, anyone got experience to deal with the Ku-ring-gai Council?
If it's within 10 metres of your house you can use the RFA 10/50 rule.
Otherwise an arborist can a advise. They get fined too.
Barrybarry
If it's within 10 metres of your house you can use the RFA 10/50 rule.
Otherwise an arborist can a advise. They get fined too.

I'm not in 10/50 area so I cannot use this rule.
I thought most of Ku ring gai was. Pity, that rule has allowed a lot of dangerous trees to be removed.
I had one and finally got the OK once I got an "expert" to say it had to go - safety, rot etc etc.

It was always "my tree" when trimming etc was essential - for wires - but when I wanted to remove it, it was not my tree ...
Even if your in a 10/50 area in Kuringai you can’t remove a gum tree. Only if the centre of the tree is within 3 metres to your house

I live in Turramurra and had a 40m+ extremely damaged by lightening and it took council 7 months to come out and assess it.
They will only let you remove it if it’s dangerous.

It really depends on why it’s to be removed

not sure if it would work but i would try
get the cfa to come out
make a donation and ask them to write a letter
saying it is a fire hazard or could block fire truck access
Related
13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum