Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Slab heave is alive and well, watch out.

Page 4 of 5
Mauromario, you have enough all ready to nail builder to the wall, I cant see how builder can get out of major works.
Its a matter of what needs to be done now to fix your home probably before you maybe sell, as these homes always bring bad memories back, you just cant help worry especially with heavy rain, just beware that solicitor isnt over servicing for his own needs before yours.

Joker
just beware that solicitor isnt over servicing for his own needs before yours.

Great point Joker, all too often it's the bank account that is "sleeping with the enemy"
Joker
Mauromario, you have enough all ready to nail builder to the wall, I cant see how builder can get out of major works.
Its a matter of what needs to be done now to fix your home probably before you maybe sell, as these homes always bring bad memories back, you just cant help worry especially with heavy rain, just beware that solicitor isnt over servicing for his own needs before yours.

How true you are this is my biggest concern, it has costed us a small fortune with out going into numbers and still going and not even close to vcat yet, so who do you trust. Builders take your money and also solicitors, so with out knowing the law to how the building industry work we as the consumer are blind where do we go for honest help iam very worried as it stands iam starting to question our legal system now.
Thank you kindly for all your input its always appreciated from honest people.
Regards
Hey guys here are few more pictures for anyone to to coment.

Brinks cracked and facia has poped the revets this is the second time, that's a lot of preasure to that.
above dining window under poped facia, this has all happen in tge last 12 months or so.

My dining room cracked plaster traveling upwards

in last 12 months and poped hole in plaster i had to put clear contact to stop bugs from getting in.

This is in kitchen another hole next to handel of the sutters more contact stop bugs getting in as you can see this wall is totally twisted and moves when i push it nothing holding this wall.

Toilet door has been pushed upwards by 15mm laundry toilet bathroom. All last 12 months.

Mould on plaster walls in garage don't know where water is getting in, apperantly plaster has saturation go figure.

These cracks are always wet on edge of cracks, i've been telling this to our solicitor but for some reason when ever he send somekne to investigate and take photos for the reports i get told it's fine no not wet, so what do you call this. Love your feedback on this.

Dining room window has beel slowly seperating and getting worse i did put sikaflex but not holding all ladt 12 months.

This is in the roof you can clearly see the head of the nails being pulled through, and cracking trusses.

Inside rear of garage panel door has been pulled apart one of the bolts came of and when i drove out it ended up in my tyre. Crap?

Rear garage wall this is hollow 126mm deep.

My roof line is all distorted tiles pushing upward lift.gutters like a snake, wall moves .

On top of everything else the geelong council adopted an flood overlay on my property 23rd March 2010 we did not start building till early May 2010 how did no one know about this so the builder tells me.

Side of garage was left with plastic under slab against the fence so when it rains water runs down the wall and under the waffle slab. What f*****k where they thinking off.

Front study cracks both sides inside and on the outside this has happen last 6 months.slab still moving after 8 years.

Kitchen bench has moved foward.

Expansion joint open up top by 30mm.
I also have front porch wall leaning towards the road.
All feedbacks are welcome guys thus is just a hand full of photos i have so by now you can see what probkems i have and still coming.
Thank you to everyone that been giving me advice.
Thank you so much.
Wow just wow, Mauromario, imcompetance on a grand scale.
Is your solicitor a seasoned practicer of building law, if he isn't he will still take your money while you pay him to learn, if he isnt I would consider a change. You also must try, bloody hard as it is to look after yourself through these dark times, as these situations tend to eat up your thoughts almost around the clock. Someone who doesn't practice building law is like titts on a bull, of no use to you.

A Royal Commission into the building and plumbing industry is long overdue.
I agree but how do we start one of these I have so much evidence 2000 plus photos start to now, even documents that have been changed or how they call it in the legal system, documents that have been doctored to help the builder because i cought them out in a big cover up so they forwarded internal documents attached to a report that I asked the builder to send me and these emails where saying change the report we cannot give this to the owners, they will hang us. But now for some reason our legals don't even talk about it and the engineers that changed these are not held accountable for the crap they tell, so now I am getting concerned that we have payed so much money and may not even get to use our evidence. Can someone give me a feedback on this. Much appreciated.
I would love to expose these people to the media get it out there because they are doing this to so many people and destroy everyone's life's. I need all the help I can get to bring this out in the open where they cannot hide behind lawyers.
Mauromario, make a appointment to see Lisa Neville, your local politician for state government, if by some chance they won't see you (highly unlikely), then go see someone like Andrew katos, just Google them for details of their offices.

Thank you joker for this, iam in portarlington but soon as I get back to Melbourne ill start making few calls. Consumers are hurting new homes are falling apart it needs to get put out there. I'll keep you posted. Thank you kindly
Mauromario
I agree but how do we start one of these I have so much evidence 2000 plus photos start to now, even documents that have been changed or how they call it in the legal system, documents that have been doctored to help the builder because i cought them out in a big cover up so they forwarded internal documents attached to a report that I asked the builder to send me and these emails where saying change the report we cannot give this to the owners, they will hang us. But now for some reason our legals don't even talk about it and the engineers that changed these are not held accountable for the crap they tell, so now I am getting concerned that we have payed so much money and may not even get to use our evidence. Can someone give me a feedback on this. Much appreciated.

There is wide spread dissatisfaction and common knowledge that these are industries that need a good shake out of corrupt practices but there isn't a single large body that has the political clout plus more to the point.....both sides of politics have failed long term and denial is often better than admittance to many.

Royal Commissions are also currently in the public's favour.

There are many fine individuals who have tried to raise public awareness and there have been many media reports. You would need to seek out such journalists, radio commentators and individuals who have contacts.

The Age is a good source for damning articles and credible journalists.

Radio commentators John Faine and Neil Mitchell.

Anne Paten. I haven't heard anything about her lately but her past articles in Sourceable are worth reading.
Hi. Joker I have sent an email to Lisa Nevil so I'll wait to hear from her, I hope to have a meeting with her or get her to come and see her self the problems that waffle pod slabs create. In the Softleys case they spoke with the writer of the AS2870 codes which is Mr. Fox he admited in court that it's not perfect but some new homes will suffer from these codes not working and some builders are taking advantage of these codes so they know the codes area built with defects yet vcat allows this to go in favor of the builders. The softleys held their ground and went to full hearing it then becomes public notice the majority of case are shut down by the certified conference they demand has to happen first before vcat full hearing. They are dogs all of them by Monday or Tuesday I shall have more news to which way iam going to taked this. Stay tuned. Iam going bring this in the open one way ord the other.
Cheers to everyone.and all the feedbacks i have been getting.
Hi Mauromario,

Anne Paten - Victorian Building Action group may be able to provide you with some information or advice or publicity.
http://www.vbag.org.au

https://m.facebook.com/vicbuildingactiongroup/

I wonder if there is power in numbers with a group like this in getting a royal commission up eventually
Or
Even a review in practices with how builders are pressuring owners to use their preferred building surveyor.

GOOD LUCK!!! Find out how many construction cases your lawyer has been to VCAT with.
Look all i can tell you is I have incremenating evidence to hang a few people I think it's why my case is at a stand still I am starting to question everything unfortunately its come at a high cost. I was always wondering why my solicitor wanted us to keep it quite don't tell anyone about your case, I've asked on many occasions why don't we bring it out in the open his answer was always ( we don't want to give the builder the heads up) at first I thought he may have a point but as it goes on so many things just don't add up, now I get told that we may not be alowed to use the owners photos as evidence its all of our case from start to now ive got well over 2000 plus photos that proves the builder and geotechnical engineer are at fault. I want ask him why and when did he come up with this. If he has no answer for me his going to be in serious trouble. Will see next week I hope tok get as many people to come forward with problems so we can get together and start something strong against builders and engineer let's hold them accountable, if your one of these people that's be hurt I would love to meet you, there is a group of lady's in werribee that has started a group iam going to join them as well they are meeting with Tim Pales member of parliament.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7255570643

Thank you I'll have a read of it.
Regards
I think you have been taken to the cleaners
Gaudi
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2083965598506471&id=1646657255570643

Sorry story is gone.

Joker
Sorry story is gone.

Maybe only I can see the Facebook post as I have recently followed VBAG.
Maybe try following VBAG on Facebook to read some of the posts including that one about geotech.

https://m.facebook.com/vicbuildingactiongroup/

You can always unfollow after you’ve looked at some of the posts if you don’t agree or support messages they area sharing.
I’ve read of stories where construction lawyers have worked as lawyers for builders in the past denying claims and may have relationships on other side or may not have some of the skills required.

learn more about the lawyer and their past experiences at VCAT if you can. Then you can be informed.

Lawyers also do like to line up all the dots to have all the information they need, so Mauromario yours may just be doing that and may be just going through the process.
The legal world is another new territory. So good to ask all the questions you have so you can have confidence in them.

I’d ask is case still strong enough without your photo evidence if can’t submit as evidence.

If not should the story stay quiet?
if your builder is a volume builder do they really want that negative publicity?

You could offer your builder that you can host alternative display home tours at your house for free.
Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

21/02/2024
Soak Well Suggestions

Landscape & Garden Design

Finally got the Soakwell at my house sucked out. Now I’m looking for ideas on how to hide it as it’s a bit of an eye sore. I’m thinking I’d like to turf over the…

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum