Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Advice - 90 day maintenance period

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks for reading my first post. I am new to the buying off the plan thing, and I have my 90 day maintance period coming up. I have submitted my list - however the builder is refusing to fix a number of defects that weren't caught in the presettlement inspection or due to "natural shrinkage" (not sure what that means).

These include chips to the paint, tiles. However I am worried about a flyscreen which the middle has fallen off leaving a big hole, this is a major issue. This occurred around 2 weeks after moving in, anyone would expect that a flyscreen stay on the window for more than 2 weeks!

Is it normal for builders to refuse to fix these issues? Missing paint, scruff marks, broken flyscreens? They have pretty much crossed out 95% of my list. They have apparently written these types of defects into a document which says that they are not responsible to fix, does this have any legal standing or am I screwed?

Thanks in advance
newbieinahouse
Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks for reading my first post. I am new to the buying off the plan thing, and I have my 90 day maintance period coming up. I have submitted my list - however the builder is refusing to fix a number of defects that weren't caught in the presettlement inspection or due to "natural shrinkage" (not sure what that means).

These include chips to the paint, tiles. However I am worried about a flyscreen which the middle has fallen off leaving a big hole, this is a major issue. This occurred around 2 weeks after moving in, anyone would expect that a flyscreen stay on the window for more than 2 weeks!

Is it normal for builders to refuse to fix these issues? Missing paint, scruff marks, broken flyscreens? They have pretty much crossed out 95% of my list. They have apparently written these types of defects into a document which says that they are not responsible to fix, does this have any legal standing or am I screwed?

Thanks in advance

I believe that if there are things that have been damaged by someone (rather than a fault) and they weren’t picked up at pci it’s impossible to prove that you haven’t done it since moving in. In that case the builder can refuse to fix.

Related
11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

10/09/2023
rain day calculation

Building A New House

Yes you are correct, unless there are outside works which form part of the contract such as landscaping or driveways, and importantly, the work delayed is on the critical…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum