Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Need urgent help on pest/ spider control

Page 1 of 1
Anyone able to identify what species is this little creature? I already got our house/roof/outside sprayed by a renowned pest controller twice 2 weeks back. Unfortunately that did not stop them infact it looks like our house inside is infested by this little ones , around 1-1.5cm total diameter with legs included. Can anyone tell us how can i control this population before they grow full giant sizes and take over my house!!!

Any specific chemical? Wound Bifenthrin from bunnings work ?

We are based in Goulburn NSW

Looks like a baby huntsman spider - they can grow to be quite large. They're quite docile and not dangerous to humans, and are good at keeping insect populations down.

Unfortunately, despite being not dangerous (and even beneficial) to humans, they can be quite scary, especially when they get big, which is the major issue that people have with them. I'm getting much better these days, but I used to be quite an arachnophobe, and can empathise - and if I do ever find a huntsman inside I make sure to get them outside as soon as possible (preferably without harming them, though).

I'm not aware of a specific chemical for them, but most generic pesticides should work. Obviously, use of pesticides indoors carries a risk to human health (objectively the pesticide is a much greater potential threat to you than the spiders, but if only things were that simple!), and you should take appropriate precautions.

EDIT: I originally also provided a suggestion that you look for where they're coming in, including that a blower-door test might help with this (based on the experience of a friend who did this and swore it worked for her, no more spiders after she sealed up the gaps identified). However, I've since been advised that this won't work (I guess it was confirmation bias or similar in my friend's case), so maybe forget that.
Thanks guys sealed most of the gaps in the house., vents etc. Cleaning cobwebs every-weekend. Sprayed the perimeter of windows and doors we open again last weekend. Being very careful when opening those sliding doors. None of these creatures were seen last 7 days. Fingers crossed!!

Related
30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

19/02/2024
Termite and pest control

General Discussion

Fantastic. Good to know. Thank you very much

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum