Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Perth Builder Ban on Bad reviews ....Lifted

Page 1 of 1
Perth Home Builder 101 Residential Lifts "Unfair" customer contract clause banning them from writing unapproved reviews
ACCC deputy chair Dr Michael Schaper said online reviews helped people make informed purchasing decisions.
“Consumers should be free to have their say about their experience with a business and must not face penalties for doing so,” Dr Schaper said.
Very disappointing that they escaped penalty free but maybe there are no penalties legislated. Sad state of affairs if that is the case.
On the other flip side of this news article 101 was the second builder to be in breach of the Competition and Consumer Act
ACCC forces Perth builder to stop gagging bad online reviews
Aveling Homes was previously fined $380,000 for misleading the public with two online review websites
Aveling operates and controls the websites.
Sadly, it's getting to the point where the battlers can't trust what they read in reviews
StructuralBIMGuy
Aveling Homes was previously fined $380,000 for misleading the public with two online review websites
Aveling operates and controls the websites.

Yes, that made the news over here.
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

27/01/2024
Sienna Homes - Reviews?

Building A New House

Hi starting the process of looking around for Dual Occ builders. Looking to build a home shared with family either as a duplex or front back. Has anyone done any recent…

18/04/2024
Reblock Reviews Victoria

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

I cannot find a review for the Reblocker I am getting a quote from. Am I doing something wrong, or are numbers of reblockers who hold VBA registration not reviewed on your…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum