Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What kind of paint to use?

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am having my ceilings and walls painted soon, and just wondered what sort of paint you would use?

Is Dulux wash and wear for the walls a good idea? (I have a one year old)

For the ceiling, I have used dulux 'bright and light' would you go this bright on all ceilings, or can you choose a paint colour (like dulux vivid white?)

Thank you for any advice
I'd go basic. Most - many - paints today are OK for kids so don't just go for the TV adverts.

I'd go for a similar colour throughout - maybe using shades of the same one. Nothing outlandish that loses appeal in 12 months.

Mind you - many kids like their rooms to be one-off ...
Purple Polka Dots
Hi

I am having my ceilings and walls painted soon, and just wondered what sort of paint you would use?

Is Dulux wash and wear for the walls a good idea? (I have a one year old)

For the ceiling, I have used dulux 'bright and light' would you go this bright on all ceilings, or can you choose a paint colour (like dulux vivid white?)

Thank you for any advice
I would only use Dulux wash and wear paint in my house. I work on commerical building sites and that is what the pros have told me to use.

Always worth spending a few $ more on better paint than pay to have extra coats of paint with cheaper paint.

Always ensure walls are sealed and then painted with 2 coats of top coat.

Resene paint is actually quite a lot better than Dulux or Taudmans, not as well known, but a high end quality product.
Related
29/05/2023
How I lost $100,000 and why I will never use steel frames

Building A New House

That sucks! Hope it all works out. Good to move away from steel anyway for all your reasons, but it's also thermally poor.

14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum