Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Notice to fence..when? how? etc.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We have just settled on our piece of land in newer estates. Basically it's just going through registration process now that we're new owners etc.

Can someone please let me know when does neighbor sends out notice to fence? I mean is it before house construction begins or after construction has completed?

Also can someone let me know how much difference in cost for timber and colorbond fence?

thanks,
Loveguru..
Also not sure how will neighbor get my current address or phone number?
Hello!

You have a couple of questions so I will try address them one at a time:

- There is no set time for the neighbour to send out the notice, it can be done at any time and also can be sent by you
. Generally I'd advise doing any fencing once you reach lockup to allow the builders as much access as possible.

- From my experience you are looking at about $65/m for timber and $105/m for colourbond fencing.

- Generally you can speak to your developer and let them know you are happy for your contact details to be released to anyone that requests them... Failing that you can always drop into your local council and if you have a genuine reason for requiring contact details you pay a $6 fee and they provide you with the contact details they have available.

Hope this all helps!
Thank you Caydenn for your quick reply. Appreciate that. It clarifies a lot.

Probably best to do fencing after reaching lock up stage as you mentioned.
We are in the same situation OP. But both myself and side neighbor are still building. Mine is nearing lockup stage while theirs is frame stage. So cannot install fence yet.

Is your neighbor already built? I normally just knock on their door and talk to them.

Back neighbor is already existing so I introduce myself and told them i would like to share for their existing fence.
Obi
We are in the same situation OP. But both myself and side neighbor are still building. Mine is nearing lockup stage while theirs is frame stage. So cannot install fence yet.

Is your neighbor already built? I normally just knock on their door and talk to them.

Back neighbor is already existing so I introduce myself and told them i would like to share for their existing fence.

No the whole stage is still vacant as land has only settled recently. Waiting to register before construction can be started. Looking to do fencing at lock up stage. No point in fencing now as it can get damaged by builder. I hope things get completed for your soon now.
Are you planning to fence at lockup even if your neighbor is still at early stages? Fence might also get damaged by neighbor builder. Maybe wait til both of you are lockup?
Yes my plan is to wait till we both reach lock up stage. Not going to rush.
My challenge is the lot to other side doesn’t have owner yet. I would still put a fence but by the time it gets an owner and start building, i reckon it gonna damage the fence.
Related
22/05/2023
How to brace a colourbond fence that wobbles

Outdoor Living

Yes i guess this is one of the main reason as i checked one post foundation

13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

1/08/2023
Is this fence acceptable?

General Discussion

Give it 4 weeks and you won't even notice it

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum