Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

rendering our house

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have a mid 60's home that has been renovated inside and now the outside needs attention. The exterior currently has the bagged cement look in Merino colour (similar to Colorbond Paperbark I think).

All the windows are new, they are aluminium in Monument colour. Gutters are woodland grey as are the facias. We will be having an acrylic render put on all over the house and I'm trying to decide on a colour.

Originally I thought the Colorbond Dune colour would be a good choice but after painting a small section of the house with a sample pot, it looks alot colder/greyer than I was anticipating. I probably prefer something on the warmer side but have no idea what to look at. The front yard has a low wall of sandstone pavers along the driveway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Utilise Dulux online colour guide - it has swatches of complimentary colours. We wanted to paint our house grey, so we found a colour we liked and then entered it into google with dulux.
http://m.dulux.co.nz/colour/hue/Neutral ... ranz-josef

Here's an example of what I mean
Related
7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

11/11/2023
Window infill/ rendering over different substrates

General Discussion

yep you need a joint, foam is easiest, will look fine once rendered with a joint.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum