Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Bathroom renovation

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I would like to renovate my old bathroom and get rid of the old tiles, shower screen and fixtures. I need waterproofing done and shower base screeding too.

I have some quotes from tillers and renovation companies, some very cheap, others more expensive and cannot decide which one is better.

What are the reasonable rates for a bathroom renovation out there? Has anyone had any experience recently?

Turnaround times?

Also I am buying the tiles and fixtures and shower screen myself.

Some advice is really appreciated.

Thanks
Buying yourself will save money. No matter what they say.

BUT ... I'd ask to see previous work - and speak to the owners. The flash talkers are often the ones who end up stalling and not finishing the job for ages. You need to talk to at least 3 prior customers and see the work. Ask questions re times/costs/deadlines etc.

I'd also include set payment times - before cash is handed over - and EVERYTHING must be in writing - EVERYTHING !!! Even the little things they tell you they'll do. Not just an email from you to them - but a firm agreement from them to do it.

Also - a completion date - with penalties.

Do not hand over more than 5-10% at the start - and DO NOT pay in advance for anything ! Any business that needs your money in advance is sailing close to the win imo. Get receipts for all payments.
Sorry - price is not always a good guide to quality or trustworthiness.

The dearest may just not know what they are doing and/or may not want the job.
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

2/04/2024
Floor plan renovation help for bathroom/laundry

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is a very tight fit, I'm not sure if you'll be able to achieve what you've described. Would you consider accessing the separate toilet from the laundry? If so maybe…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum