Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Adding bench outside kitchen bi-fold windows - Advice/ideas

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
this is my first time posting on here and we are first time home owners who need lots of ideas and advice for our new forever home. We have just built our house out in the country but still have lots we want to do to the house yet with a acre block we have room.

Outside our kitchen Bi-fold windows we need some ideas for support ideas to take the weight of a heavy wooden beam as the top. We want to have a thick timber beam that sits up under the Bi-fold windows and just past the Bi-folds on the ends.

I don't want to have supports that you see as i think they look shocking. We have rendered blue board on that wall and we are looking for ideas what we could use for supports or what people have used. We also have this gap between the bottom of the window frame and the stone bench top which air comes into the kitchen cabinets. What could we use as a strip to cover that gap but not noticeable?

Hi Did you solve issue regarding gap between window and bench I might have same situation.
Storm
No not yet.
Related
30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum