Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Security System - Bosch 844

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am going throught a new home tender and the builder has put a Bosch 844 Security System in it (we asked for a security system)

After a bit of investigation I have found out it may not be compatible with the NBN

Bosch 844 Alarm Kits
These 844 kits have 4 zone inputs for small houses, apartment units, and small businesses. They offer reliable security that is simple to operate. The Bosch 844 systems monitoring abilities include self-monitored domestic dialling and control room monitoring.

There are two downfalls of domestic dialling. The first is that the existing copper phone networks disconnection as the NBN rollout proceeds across Australia, so this form of monitoring isn’t future proof.

We are scheduled to get the NBN sometime next year. Can anyone give me some direction if this system is going to be OK or do I need to get another type of alarm.

Thanks

Colin
A lot of alarm manufacturers have add-on communication modules you can put into your alarm panel to add capability, such as Ethernet/IP modules so you can access your alarm over the internet (and cloud services which have mobile apps to "push" notifications to you).

The Bosch 844 is a pretty basic panel, so I'm not sure if you could add a module on to that, but I guess depending on how badly you wanted the monitoring, you could put another Bosch panel in it that supports either Ethernet monitoring or a GSM panel (so your alarm system has a SIM card and it can dial out).

Here's a bit about Alarm Over IP: http://au.boschsecurity.com/en/products ... ducts_5168

Here are some products to consider: https://www.cheapalarmparts.com.au/cate ... 2dIP-Kits/

Good luck! I had a similar consideration as I am currently building a 2 storey house, my builder is providing a basic alarm and I am going to add a communications module to it after

Dan
You can add the GSM unit to current alarm system to be compatible with NBN Rollout. It would cost you $149 as one-off payment to add the unit. Harvey Norman Security is offering it at $149 . Don't know about other companies.
chrisbon
You can add the GSM unit to current alarm system to be compatible with NBN Rollout. It would cost you $149 as one-off payment to add the unit. Harvey Norman Security is offering it at $149 . Don't know about other companies.
Where did you find that price?

Varsani
chrisbon

Where did you find that price?

Harvey Norman Security is offering it at $149 as of i know. Don't know what others are offering it at.
Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum