Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Porter Davis penalty fees for H&L package

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been charged a penalty fees by Porter Davis for delays in title on a home and land package?

We are first building for the first time and have H&L package. Site start was supposed to start in March but due to delays in title it looks like construction will probably not start till September 2017.

Our contract states that we will be penalised with a fee of $500 per month for the delays to construction.

We are in the process of talking to our BC about the fees but would appreciate it if anyone can share their experience in this situation? Thanks
I had similar extra fees. A total of $5000 for 5 months delay in land titles. Nothing much we could do about it.
Not sure about Porter Davis, but last time when we approached Masterton they also have similar condition that we would have to pay $1000 for every month delay on the title. (we didn't end up going with them for different reason)

Kathyvo Welcome to the forum
Unfortunately the builder is entitled to charge for any price increases outside of his control.
It's pretty much standard throughout the industry..your sales consultant should have told you that?
AFAIK, it doesn't have to be land..it can be a delay in materials as well, but I may be corrected here?
Related
24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum